What are your favorite "healthier" fast foods?

Options
Ok I know, fast food is never the best option, but at least once a week I'm traveling around dinner time and need to make as good a choice as I can "on the road" My favorites right now are Culver's Chicken Cashew salad (I live in WI - home of Culvers). And I like the Chick Fil-A grilled chicken wrap (they just opened a Chick Fil-A in my home town. Do any of you have a fast-food go-to, when you just gotta eat something, but you're not near home?

Replies

• Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love the Chick fil a Cobb Salad. It has so much flavor, that dressing is not necessary.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Extreme Pita... Thai chicken (small 241 calories, regular 425), Chicken fajita (small 289 calories, regular 523)... pita, chicken, vegetables easy to eat on the go, and filling. We also have a place called Hero Burger here, I like the turkey burger and the salmon burger.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Subway veggie delite on wheat no cheese with red wine vinegar.
    Papa Murphys delite pizza with spinach, mixed onions, & black olives.
  • liftingmomlife
    liftingmomlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    idk where you're located but here in california we have in n out and i looove getting their double double wrapped in lettuce. and i skip the fries. i'm sure you could do that at almost any burger place!
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I find lots of good choices at Subway.
  • rolenthegreat
    rolenthegreat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love to get burrito bowls at Qudoba or Chipotle. I usually order the kids portion because it's way less food and temptation to overeat.
    Also Turkey Sandwiches with a boatload of veggies. Subway and Jimmy John's are my go-tos because they are close to my workplace.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    When I go for fast food, my go-tos are usually Jimmy Johns, a Chipotle burrito bowl, or a cup of chili and a potato from Wendy's. Depends on which is closest and what fits into my goals for the day.

But I would challenge the notion that fast food is "never the best option." If you're careful and you plan ahead, there are plenty of decent choices at fast food places. Most of them have their nutrition information online or one the menu, which is great when you're far from home and out of your usual routine. Check out your favorite places and see what you can make fit into your goals.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Chick filet- grilled chicken on whole wheat
    Grilled chicken whole wheat pita
    Grilled chicken

Carls JR whole wheat turkey sandwhich

Arbies
    Whole wheat turkey sandwhich

Healthy cow pizza
    Whole wheat pizza with tons of toppings

Cheesecake factory
    Sugar free low calorie cheesecake

True foods kitchen
    EVERYTHING!!!!!

Harvest organic grill
    EVERYTHING!!!

Taco bell/mcdonalds/burgerking-- everything causes me to puke for hours (scary how many dangerous cancerous chemicals are in these foods!) I refuse to even eat salads here because of how sick I get from the foods :(
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili is always a good bet and not they have a new Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad that is really good and under 250 cals for the half size (which is perfect for me).
    McDonald's Happy Meal with apples is a pretty decent option too since the calorie count is about right for an adult.
    I adore Panera as they have a ton of options to eat well if you stay away from the bakery side.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Almost forgot my favorite!
    Starbucks-
    whole wheat egg feta wrap
    Reduced turkey bacon
    Cranberry chicken whole wheat sandwich
    Whole wheat egg sandwich
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Einstein bagels
    Whole wheat bagel with whatever topping I want :)
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Jimmy johns
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    And no subway. I learnt my lesson after eatting their grilled chicken that tasted like foam. Chicken is not supposed to taste like foam, something is going on there and it aint good.
  • Peaslepuff
    Peaslepuff Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I quite like the grilled southwest salad at McDonald's, and the apple pecan chicken salad from Wendy's.

Also, the grilled nuggets from Chick-fil-a taste AMAZING.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Burrito bowl at Chipotle: lettuce, sautéed peppers and onions, tomato salsa, and guacamole, green hot sauce---no: dressing (doesn't need it with the guacamole), rice, beans or meat. Awesome! It's the only fast food I'll have, about every six weeks.
  • anastasiastack
    anastasiastack Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the grilled chicken nuggets and the kale salad with raisins from chil fil a, just the right amount to feel satisfied
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A Cool Wrap. Chipotle salad with chicken, fajita veggies, black beans, cheese, light sour cream and pico de gallo (hold the dressing). Starbucks spinach & egg white wrap.
  • HelloMyNameIsSam
    HelloMyNameIsSam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like Chick Fila market salad with only 200 calories. Be careful what dressing you choose, but they do offer 3 that are under 100 calories per packet. The salad is so big, I can make 2 lunches out of one salad!
  • lindsayking3485
    lindsayking3485 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Subway salads with a spinach base piled with veggies!!! And grilled nuggets from Chik Fil A.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Smashburger grilled chicken sandwich with feta, spinach, and cucumber, and the veggie frites