Need motivational/accountability friends!

Options
I am struggling with loneliness which than puts me into just sitting around. I need to continue to be healthy and looking for friends that will help and looking for the same thing!

Replies

• lblaise
    lblaise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need the same thing
  • LoveEL2
    LoveEL2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to stay motivated. You guys can add me:)
  • Findingmyhappyme
    Findingmyhappyme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I find Instagram to be my best source of motivation! So many incredible people!
  • carmel199
    carmel199 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • SMGMama3
    SMGMama3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Always looking for support!
  • nrimas
    nrimas Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with loneliness which than puts me into just sitting around. I need to continue to be healthy and looking for friends that will help and looking for the same thing!

Have you been at this for awhile or are you just starting? What are your goals other than to continue to be healthy. I am trying to lose weight and eat healthier. I do a lot of stress eating and emotional eating. I read this quite the other day "Unsuccessful people make decisions based on their current situation. Successful people make decisions based on where they want to be." That helped me think about my choice to eat for the wrong reasons. Do I want to be a stressed out, emotional person? Or a smart, strong, successful person. I still don't always make the right choices, but I am making mor3e of them. Do you have a favorite quote?
  • Beatitude2015
    Beatitude2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on this struggle for about 5 years. I can go doing all the right stuff for a long time and than something just happens and I go down hill.
    I have a ton of food allergies, gluten, dairy, soy and believe that not having some of those things can just trigger.
    I always try to remember "keep looking at the past it will be your future, look to far ahead you will miss the gift that you have right now at this moment" I struggle with that sometimes.
  • heyitskaydee
    heyitskaydee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Same! It's a new season, a new us. We have each other! Now let's do it
  • fit_finesse92
    fit_finesse92 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Add me! :)
  • phubb3
    phubb3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. This is alot easier when you have someone to talk to. Good luck!
  • MEveganmum
    MEveganmum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! I need some accountability too! I'm new to this!!
  • sandy1340
    sandy1340 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    All of you can feel free to add me. I need all of the motivation and accountability I can get.
  • cclem81
    cclem81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of food allergies, gluten, dairy, soy and believe that not having some of those things can just trigger.

I have a gluten allergy as well and it's tough - and even more so when you have additional food allergies like dairy, soy, etc. I think individuals like us tend to be very restrictive with our eating habits because obviously we have to be and I find that being restrictive makes me frustrated and sends me on binges every so often. Then I get even more frustrated and don't pay attention to my diet (ie may eat gluten/wheat in minimal amounts despite knowing that it does to my body).

If you'd like to connect and discuss some goals we could focus on together I would love that. I just weighed myself this morning and am back in the 150 lb range. While I don't want to focus solely on my weight and more just about clothes fitting, my first goal is to get to 145 lbs.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I belong to a small accountability group on facebook where we are required to post a pic of at least 2 healthy meals as well as an end of day post stating if you were in your calories, did you get your work out in, drink your water, hit your step goal, did you have a good day, did you struggle etc. Its very supportive and for me, it keeps me accountable and on track. Feel free to add me on MFP and if you think you could meet the requirements of the group daily let me know and I will have you added to the group. B)
  • Aurorabeauty29
    Aurorabeauty29 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. Just rejoined mfp after a break and looking for motivation!
  • TerreK
    TerreK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add me ladies!!! I'm getting back at it after babies/ multiple health issues & my weight has crept up....I'm mostly off to a good start, but can ALWAYS use motivation, positive support and any workout tips or ideas to get me feeling better about myself!!!
  • Beatitude2015
    Beatitude2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I just want to start by saying thank you all for your interest. I want to make sure that we all help one another. I know that we all have our own lives and at times can get very hectic. Sometimes when that happens in my life I tend to forget the important people and thinks in my life. I find all of you important. I have no support system outside of this group at the moment such as family or friends. I am not sure how this works for us to all stay motivated. I know that I need lots of reminders in staying positive not just in my fitness life but in general life. That will help me stay motivated in all aspects of life.
    I value all of you if any of you need anything or need someone to just vent please feel free to contact me at anewfaith2015@yahoo.com. I also want you all to know that I am a believer and know that without the Lord in my life many things would be completely different for me. If that bothers anyone I am sorry, I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable at all. I will keep you all in my prayers each and every day. I hope that we all will be able to succeed in our daily and lifelong goals.
    Thanks
    Christy (Beatitude2015)