Getting through a plateau phase

Options
My goal is to drop a couple more kilos before Aug 24. I'm feeling positive due to my weight loss so far and improved fitness, I have 8 kilos to go and this is certainly the difficult phase as I have stayed the same weight for 4 weeks now.
Any tips for kick starting the weight loss again?

Replies

• mimiswoboda
    Options
    Bump
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    change up your exercise routine - that usually helps :)
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    bump
  • earlywine5
    Options
    With the HCG Diet if you hit a plateau you do 6 apples in a 24 hr period and only drink water to quench thirst. You start at noon and end the next day at noon. It's said its due to water retention. It's an idea even if your not doing this diet.
  • Lightjulesloves2run
    Lightjulesloves2run Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just got through a 2 month....8 week plateau after losing 65 lbs. It sucked big time...but push through it. Don't give up. I tried changing up activity...food intake..all kinds of things. It wasn't until one day I was like ok..I am buckling down...I had gottan a lil lazy in my tracking. Now I ask myself that question ..is it worth it before each bite. I had slowed down on my self talk. It is amazing how much it helps. Just push through it..what ever u do..don't give up. Good luck!!! You can do it!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I recommend weight lifting and that you open up your diary so we can see what's going in your body. Muscle burns fat so if you aren't doing any strength training you're going to plateau pretty quickly.
  • sseus
    sseus Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for that pep talk! I will be very careful tracking food and exercise. Cheers
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    My goal is to drop a couple more kilos before Aug 24. I'm feeling positive due to my weight loss so far and improved fitness, I have 8 kilos to go and this is certainly the difficult phase as I have stayed the same weight for 4 weeks now.
    Any tips for kick starting the weight loss again?

It would be easier to do if you open your diary. Also, what is your training routine, what and when?