Hello :)

I'm lucky to have found this site! I'm sadaf, a 22 year old female. My weight gain was due to being molested for many years as a child.. but I've decided that I won't let my past dictate who I am now. I started this 'lifestyle change' on june 30th, since then I'm down 6 pounds! Im trying to stay motivated, i have a blog for those who have tumblr mine is uncurvy-motivation.tumblr.com. I'd love to interact and get to know some of you, its hard being on this journey alone.

Lots of love and luck to all of u!

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    I think you've made the most positive decision you could already and that is that you cannot let the past dictate who you are. The past is the past and all you can do now is live the present and forge the future. Set realistic but challenging goals and keep challenging yourself and you'll see results in no time. That formula actually works for many areas not only food or exercise.

Welcome to MFP and Enjoy.
  • JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear about your terrible childhood. So happy to see you're now driven to better yourself physically. I wish you all the best & am sure you will succeed. Just remember you have plenty of support on this site, so you're never alone. Be well.
  • thank you gentlemen for your replies :) Its very nice to know that there are people out there who show compassion and support! Good luck to both of you as well on your own journeys
  • rjs3455
    rjs3455 Posts: 67 Member
    I think your weightloss journey is true motivation! I will definitely be reading your blogs!! Good luck with everything.
  • mrslong0508
    mrslong0508 Posts: 9 Member
    Welcome! I know how hard it can be to overcome sexual abuse and the effect it can have on your mind and your body in the long term. It is so great that your taking control and changing your life!