Help

Options
Hi i've been doing this for almost a month haven't been on a scale for two weeks weighed myself today and I haven't lost anything I've been checking everything and exercise in five days a week I've come home from work today and I just feel like eating everything in sight if anybody wants to look at my food dairy I need some serious advice.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not set to "Public."

Change here (at the very bottom of the page) - click -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Looks like your diary is private so can't help you there...

Have you been using a food scale for ALL solids? Measuring cups/spoons for all liquids? Using the recipe builder when you cook? Using accurate entries? Accurately accessing exercise calories? Logging EVERYTHING you eat or drink?
  • sparkle12016
    sparkle12016 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I've made my dairy public
  • sparkle12016
    Options
    No I'm not measuring everything what's the recipe builder ?
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    if you haven't weighed in 2 weeks there can be a few factors that are masking fat loss from water retention, time of the month or sodium intake are likely culprits but increased exercise can do it as well. your weight will also fluctuate based on what is currently in your system as well.

looking at your diary i would suggest tightening up on your logging. there are a lot of generic entries there. a piece of bacon could range quite a bit in size and thickness, not to mention what it is cooked with. also, i see a lot of entries labeled "homemade" but unless you are making them yourself you really won't be able to have any idea if they are similar in ingredients and calories. you can easily wipe out a deficit when these little things add up over time.

it's also hard to tell if you are measuring your food in grams or picking out portions by estimating. weighing your solid food in grams will greatly increase your accuracy in judging calories eaten.

finally, there are lots of inaccurate entries in the database, so you want to make sure you are picking correct ones. even verified entries can be wrong. i recommend comparing with the USDA website until you have a better idea of which entries are accurate (if you eat the same foods often they will be the ones at the top of your list and eventually it becomes less time consuming)

if you are eating back your exercise calories how are you estimating what they are? mfp is pretty notorious for overestimating those burns and for that reason some people suggest eating back a portion of them until you can judge how accurate they are for you.

i'm sure there are things that i've forgotten to mention, but if you try to really log accurately for the next month you may see greater success.

• sparkle12016
    Options
    Thanks for the advice
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    sparkle, you need to eat.

You are leaving 200-500 calories a day of your basic needed nutrition uneaten - not even counting exercise..

This site has already taken away a deficit for you for weight loss. The number of calories you were given is how much you need to eat. Eat until your calories REMAINING = 0.

You're not getting nearly enough protein.

It's not your food logging, or your exercise logging...a few grams here and there is not the problem. I believe it's your nutrition. Eat: protein, fats, vegetables. I don't know how much weight you have to lose, but you need fuel to do your daily activities. You are creating a great deal of stress on your body by under eating and stress is the enemy of weight loss.

You'll feel better and have more energy - plus you'll be stressing your body much less by getting sufficient nutrition - and therefore you're more likely to exercise and to stick to your plan. What you're doing is not sustainable.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale for all solid/semi solid food in their raw state (unless you purchased the food cooked), and only use cups/spoons for liquids.

Log everything that you eat and cook with. Double check the database entries against the food packaging and the usda database.

Weigh yourself first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom, not when you come home from work as you have food and drink weight. Change scale and food scale batteries once a month
  • sparkle12016
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the positive advice.