Just cant stay on track

Options
Can someone help me ill have 3 good days weekend comes and i mess up any tips? Add me

Replies

• liftingmomlife
    liftingmomlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    calorie bank. create a big enough deficit during the week that you can "afford" to treat yourself more on the weekends. but it really does come down to dedication. remember what you're working for.
  • kerstenk141
    kerstenk141 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Like you, I had the same challenge. I was great during the week, come the weekend there was just too much temptation. Here is what worked for me.

-Save some calories for the weekend. I was allowed to consume 1350 calories to lose weight, but I typically ate around 1200 so I could save those extra calories for the weekend.
    -Plan ahead if you are going to eat out. I looked up the menu ahead of time at a restaurant so I could see what the calorie count was for meals.
    -When I did eat out I asked for a to go box to be brought out with my meal. Typically a restaurant serving is more than you actually need. To avoid eating my entire plate I packed half of it away, right away, so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it all or "pick at it" while I sat with my friends.
    -I logged my food and drinks BEFORE actually eating or drinking. Seeing how many calories over I was going helped put things into perspective.
    -Commit some time to working out on the weekends. If I knew I was going to out Saturday night for drinks and dinner I dedicated part of my Saturday to burning calories...doesn't take much to burn off 200 calories and that for me was 2 drinks.

Good luck!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^
    This. But I don't work out on the weekends or bank calories. I do pre-log, get a to go box at a restaurant, watch my alcohol and pre-log it as well. If alcohol is my problem I drink something I don't like as much, like scotch instead of wine. Weekends can be tough, but if you treat it like every other day, and log and have good portion control, you'll get your weekends back. I've blown the last 3 weekends so in 3 weeks have lost zero pounds. Enough of that, as I'm not in maintenance quite yet! It takes practice to screw up and get back on track!!