Help with breakfast!

Options
FitGlowNow
FitGlowNow Posts: 8 Member
Hello MFP friends!
I work the grave yard shift and I struggle with eating breakfast. I need a few easy healthy choices that aren't going to hurt ( I don't know what else word to use) me because I usually sleep a few hours after I get off work. They say not to eat right before bed but sometimes it's unavoidable. So anyone who has some advice on what I could do for breakfast please let me know Thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    It's fine to eat before bed, calories are calories no matter what time of day. Make an egg casserole or 'muffins' for easy warms ups, or hardboiled eggs. I like to also make a batch of whole grain waffles for easy warm up, I eat them with peanut butter, filling and low sugar. My easy breakfasts also are cottage cheese, nuts, greek yogurt, fruit, whole grain toast with hummus or peanut or nut butter.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I make a veggies slice for breakfast, one batch makes four servings and you can adjust recipe to suit yourself, shredded veggies which you can use a food processor to do, or you can grate them, I use 600grams, six eggs, 60 grams of quick oats, or breadcrumbs, or flour, plus 60 g cheese, which you can sprinkle on top, or mix in, plus seasoning to suit, you can use stock powder, herbs, salt etc. Mix ingredients together and bake 180Celsius for 45 min
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with veggies - lots of protein to keep you full and the calories are minimal
  • lron69
    lron69 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    2 hardboiled eggs and half an avocado keep me full until a late lunch. Very easy prep!
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Grab yourself a couple of Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt. They are tasty, 80 calories a serving and have lots of protein.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry for breakfast? You can also take a look if intermittent fasting might fit your schedule (Group has good info if you want to learn about it: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting). It's not for everyone, but just to think about. If you're hungry and want to eat breakfast, then looks like some really good suggestions above with eggs/egg bake you can heat up/greek yogurt (I like Fage better than Dannon, but is more calories [120-140 for standard packs]). I like the nature valley protein granola bars sometimes too. Good luck finding what works for you.
  • jimk92
    jimk92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you try to eat around 6-10 egg whites along with a greek yogurt that is optimal before bed. The greek yogurt acts as casein which is a slow releasing protein which will keep your body from breaking down muscle and causing you to wake up extremely hungry. The egg whites have 0 carbs but are packed with protein. I've been doing this combo for some time now and I think it is of great benefit. good luck!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I like mini quiches and they freeze really well:

Add together:

5 egg whites
    4 whole eggs
    8oz turkey kielbasa, chopped
    3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
    1 green pepper, chopped
    3/4 cup 2% cheddar cheese
    1/4 cup AP flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Stir well.

Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with Pam and divide egg mixture evenly. Bake at 350 for 30 mins.

I usually eat three, which is approximately 267 calories. To reheat in the microwave, nuke for 1:15-1:30.
  • cheechie0709
    cheechie0709 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I actually eat my "dinner" like meals in the morning. I also try to eat most of my carbs earlier in the day. Nothing like having leftovers in the morning. So good lol. For dinner time I usually have meals more in the form of snacks. If we go out to dinner, I usually just grab the healthiest option, and if I want to eat what I want, I'll go with it but just eat less of it.
  • Just_Kisha
    Just_Kisha Posts: 189 Member
    Options
  • MrsLili
    MrsLili Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a regular breakfast eater either. Now my daily grab-and-go is a Premier Protein shake and a cup of Fiber One cereal.