Intermittent fasting anyone??

Options
I am currently on day 4 of IF (20:4) with an intake of 1100-1200 calories and would love to meet other people also on IF.

Replies

• ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Right here! I do a 12pm-7pm window
  • GabyFace87
    GabyFace87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

How long have you been on IF?
  • owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I tried for 3 months it worked for me but later I lost my strength maybe because I use to walk like 4 km to gym in the morning on empty stomach and come back so I ws burning a lot more calories and muscle than I wanted. I had eating window from 2 till 6 but later it got harder so I made it from 10 till 6. But yeah it works but I just prefer other way cuz I use to crave foods a lot in the fasting window but even now my last meal usually is on 6 pm so I still fast for about 12 hours.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
  • chaosbutterfly
    chaosbutterfly Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am! IF is the only thing that has helped me lose weight and keep it off. I started doing it in...Fall of 2011, and more or less, I've been doing it ever since then. I'm pretty sure it's the only reason why even when I've fallen off the wagon hard, I've never even come close to going back to my original weight.

My window is usually 2 pm - midnight, and in that space of time time, I'll usually have a light lunch, a small snack, and then a big dinner. Although if I'm very hungry, I'll have a protein-rich snack at 12 pm to hold me over until I can have my lunch. After my small mid-day snack but before dinner, I usually get a good workout in.
    And on weekends, I usually workout as soon as I get up, so I can take advantage of my fasted state.

I'm also a big fan of starting the day with a cup of tea with coconut oil mixed into it. I find that it really keeps my appetite down, so I can fast further into my window.
  • catharinamkotze
    catharinamkotze Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I only eat once a day, between 7pm an 8pm.
    So that would make it a 23:1?
  • owa1s
    Options
    I only eat once a day, between 7pm an 8pm.
    So that would make it a 23:1?
    What's your goal?

• owa1s
    Options
    Btw guys if u want to build muscle then I don't suggest IF because u need to feed ur body protein through out the day i case of building muscle, look for something more optimal like 6 small meals or whatever. :p
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I do a full day (about 36 hr) fast once a month. But it's more for mental purposes than weight loss.
  • WDuquesne
    WDuquesne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do a 17:7 from 7:30pm to 1230pm. It works well with my work day and I always have enough energy to run everyday. Some days are tough to get my 2000 calories but if I dont, I dont worry too much about it. Listen to your body somedays I eat more some days less but overall I am still losing weight. I seem to have a lot more energy in the evenings as well. Maybe I'm just excited about seeing results. It is definitely worth trying.
  • mirandajling
    mirandajling Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just started implementing intermittent fasting a week or two ago and I really like it so far. My husband has been doing IF for like 4 or 5 years and I finally decided to give it a try. Feel free to add me!
  • SleepMoveEatRepeat
    SleepMoveEatRepeat Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I am! Have been doing 16:8 for a year and lost over 20lbs :)
    Feel free to add me!