I've been down this road before...

Options
Hello everyone, I'm 53 years old, work a sedentary, stressful desk job with a lot of long hours. I find it very difficult to keep on track. I need to lose 86 lbs and if I can get to that goal (should say "when I meet this goal" I will still be 30 lbs overweight. Realistically at my age and weight I know if I loose 86 lbs there will be much loose skin to deal with. So I am looking for encouragement, support, any place I can find it. My son is getting married 5/19/18 and I want to wear something awesome not an ugly dress that looks like a sack. Thanks for any positive input.

Replies

• Cuddlebearjay
    Cuddlebearjay Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! It's great that your goal is over a year away and not rushed, you definitely got this :)
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, have a desk job and a busy life, have lost 85lbs and I'm still roughly 25lbs overweight. I will lose those remaining lbs. It's taken me 4 years to get here. I lose about 1lb a month - on 1400 cals (1700 cals in the early day). Before now, I tried to lose weight for 20+ years. I'd lose a few lbs, gain them all back and then some. I'd "start over Monday" hundreds of times. I was always hungry, and resentful when "on a diet". I could never stick to it. I was full of disgust and self loathing - I'm an educated woman, and know how many calories are in foods - all I had to do was eat less and I'd be thin. Right? Didn't work that way. All I could think about was food, when my next meal would be. Then eat too much and throw it all away for the day and eat all the things. Or avoid the scales for months at a time and gain 10kg. I was killing myself. The only thing that has worked for me is to go low carb, moderate protein, high fat. It has been the only thing that has allowed me to take control and stick to a calorie restriction. It's not restrictive, not a gimmick, and definitely sustainable. And it's worked.