Joints in lower body ache

Options
Hey y'all! So I started C25K recently - I thought it was a great idea because I used to run distances before I gained a bunch of weight. I am having really bad pain in my knees and ankles due to the excess weight though. I have been alternating with the bike and Stair Master. Does anyone else have have cardio/circuit ideas?

Thank you!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Walking before running, IMO.
  • adeleloftus
    adeleloftus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Aww I'm the same if I do my 5km walk my legs almost break at the bottom like near the ankels but if I try doing squats or anything to do with leg work my knees hurt so much and makes me feel like giving up just the pain and I'm not even 22 yet lol x
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    It will get easier as the weight comes off but running is very hard on the knees whatever age or weight you are (have you got a nice grassy field you could run round instead?). Maybe do something water-based to take the pressure off. I don't run, but I can mange zumba and clubbercise - I do use Kinesology tape on my knees though (except in the summer as it stays on for 2-3 days and it looks a bit weird with a summer dress LOL)