Calories and sugar goal help

Options
Hi I'm fairly new to this still so wanted to check my calorie intake if anyone could help. My goal is set to 1,200 calories a day. I don't have much time for exercise at the mo so mostly just controling food. If i do exercise​ should i be eating more to get me back up to 1,200 or not? Or is 1,200 cal even enough for me? (I'm 5ft 10inch and 11st 4pounds). Also i go over my sugar goal everyday, i think this is mostly down to fruit/veg. Will this slow my progress thanks :)

Replies

• BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you exercise you should eat more.

And I'd say 1200 is very low for your height/weight. Have you set MFP at 2lbs a week? Change it to 1 or 1.5 and see what you get.

Sugar doesn't really matter unless you have a medical reason to keep it very low.
  • Kez_1991
    Kez_1991 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok great thanks, yes i set it to 2 pounds a week as thought if i wasn't exercising i would lose weight slower. I will change and see as thought it may be a bit low for me.
  • BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It's not a race though. Slower is good. It gives you a chance to properly relearn the new habits you'll need to keep the weight off. Also, you are already at a "normal" weight for your height. If you want to shed a few extra pounds, it's more likely (and safer) to come off at about 0.5lb a week. Good luck!