Body fat percentage loss?

I've been searching the forums but haven't really found and answer to my question. At what rate is decreasing body fat percentage "normal"? I know that's subjective, but I'm trying to get a reasonable idea. Like would it be normal and healthy to go down a percentage a week? One a month? .1 a week? Kind of looking for an answer relative to "it's most effective to lose 1-2 pounds per week when losing weight". What would be the relative body fat percentage loss?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    There is no "normal" weekly body percentage loss rate. It's impossible to measure body fat loss on a weekly basis. In addition, different people choose to lose at different rates. Some opt for fast, some slow, some in between. If you had one person losing .5% per week and another losing 2%, averaging them to say 1.25% per week is normal would be incorrect.
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    There is no "normal" weekly body percentage loss rate. It's impossible to measure body fat loss on a weekly basis. In addition, different people choose to lose at different rates. Some opt for fast, some slow, some in between. If you had one person losing .5% per week and another losing 2%, averaging them to say 1.25% per week is normal would be incorrect.

You don't understand what I'm asking
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    30kgin2017 wrote: »

Thank you!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I think it's relative (similar to how many pounds you can safely lose in a week)--those with higher body fat percentages can lose more (and more easily) than someone with a lower body fat percentage. For example: 30% to 25% might be easily achievable in a couple months, but going from 10% to 8% might take several months of very hard work and dedication.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    It's relative to your current bodyfat percentage.

Obese individuals (males with >25%) could lose 1% per week but lean individuals may be luck to lose that in a month.
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    I don't know how accurate any of these websites are, but I am measuring body fat percentage from one while I do 30 day shred. I just finished my first ten days ( plus two rest days) and it says my body fat percentage went down 1.5% in that approx. two weeks.

I started high, at 39%, and even though weight is the same my measurements are down, so I think 1.5% is maybe reasonable. ?