Replies

• PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Smoothies. Here are my 2 favorites:

Tropical Green Monster
    1 cup almond milk
    1 scoop protein powder
    1-2 tbsp organic peanut butter powder (or pb2 or whatever)
    2-3 cups spinach
    .5 frozen banana
    .5 cup frozen pineapple
    Cup of ice
    It makes a hefty smoothie and tastes amazing.

Chocolate Milk Shake
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 scoop Vega protein and greens vanilla powder
    1/2 packet sambazon unsweetened Frozen acai
    1/2 a frozen banana
    2 tbsp peanut butter powder (or pb2/just great stuff)
    1 tbsp baking cocoa
    .5 tbsp maple syrup or half packet stevia
    5 ice cubes
  • Lavelle1980
    Lavelle1980 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I saw this at Whole Foods market, and was curious. I usually don't purchase on taste, but on quality. I'm hoping they have the sample bags that I can try first.
  • MeginBliss
    MeginBliss Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So glad I read this I was about to buy some. It's so hard finding a good vegan protein powder. I'm on my third different brand, and it's not bad at all, but it's definitely NOT enjoyable in coffee or plain almond milk, has to be put in a smoothie. I love plain hemp powder but I just read the studies on failing drug tests after daily consumption of it and figure I better stay away from large amounts of it.
  • jbgibso3
    jbgibso3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I made a small smoothie this morning with a scoop of the Vega Protein and Greens (Chocolate), a banana, a shot of espresso, 1/2 cup of organic 2% milk and 1/2 cup of ice. It filled me up and wasn't bad! I guess we all have different tastes.
  • cortezpj
    cortezpj Posts: 129 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    A little late to this discussion but wanted to share my experiences.

I did some basic research into non-whey protein powders a few months back and this one seemed to check off almost all the right boxes for me. I'd seen it at Target and Sprouts, but it's cheaper ($25) at Target. I've never enjoyed vanilla-flavored protein shakes (although I like vanilla) and opted for the chocolate. I really liked it and continue to drink it after a month or so. I just purchased the Coconut Almond flavor and tried it for the first time yesterday and was really disappointed. I used a blender and added some ice to crush and hoped for a thick, frothy drink. Nope -- was thick and lumpy. I was disappointed in the flavor, too. I'm going to make some in a sports bottle like I usually do and am hoping for better results.
  • EMC85083
    EMC85083 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's terrible! The texture and the aftertaste are impossible to hide in anything. I've tried it at least 4 or 5 different ways and have had to gag it down each time. There is another kind with greens that is much better but I'm having trouble remembering the name. I found the other one at Costco too. It wasn't great, but it was a lot better than the Vega stuff.
  • sarahshinks2233
    sarahshinks2233 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use it multiple times a week in different ways, my diary is open so you can check that out. Ways I've used it: chocolate raspberry smoothie, chocolate coconut shake, dark chocolate shake. I've combined it with coco powder and yogurt which seems pretty good. I also think the coco powder and / or extract covers up some of the taste. It worked in the past for protein balls or protein cookies.
  • enneirda07
    enneirda07 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    chellec23 wrote: »
    I bought a container of the vanilla flavored Vega Protein and Greens...have tried it 2 ways and am NOT enjoying it at all. Has anyone else tried this? How did you enjoy it?[/quote

I love it with a apple, cinnamon, a little vanilla extract, and almond butter. This maybe too calorie heavy, but it tastes really good. I don't think I had it just the protein powder and liquid.
  • hjg0989
    hjg0989 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I bought a packet of Vega Sport chocolate and liked it so I bought a big container from Amazon. I put a scoop of Vega Sport with a cup of almond milk and 2 tbls of Trader Joe's roasted cocoa nibs, 2 tbls of coffee and ice in the Vita mix. I have been really liking it, especially for the 30 grams of protein. I'm vegan so I don't do whey. I could do with it being less sweet but the cocoa nibs and coffee mellow it out a bit.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Ok, they vega sport or performance one is 10000x better than the vega one. My complaint with the vega one was the texture. The sport version you mix with a bit more water and it's fairly good. Now like "oh my god I love this" but as far as vegan protein goes... tolerable. I have the mocha sport version and it's pretty good.
  • hjg0989
    hjg0989 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok, they vega sport or performance one is 10000x better than the vega one. My complaint with the vega one was the texture. The sport version you mix with a bit more water and it's fairly good. Now like "oh my god I love this" but as far as vegan protein goes... tolerable. I have the mocha sport version and it's pretty good.

Thanks, that's good to know.