Was in a rut.. then tried on some 3 year old clothing! Feeling great!

Options
Started at 197lbs @ 5'9. Started diet on Jan 1. This may be a little bit on the "humble brag" side, but when I read about people's progress it motivates me. I want to pass on the torch.

Last week I hit 181lbs, and I was thrilled by my progress. Then 5 days ago I hit 184 after binge eating. I re-focused for the last 5 days and today I weighed 179lbs!

Just for kicks I tried on some size 33 slimfit dress pants that I wore 4 1/2 years ago. They fit and we're actually a little loose feeling. I haven't been able to wear these pants in a long time. This is really good feeling. I took 3 months to lose this weight and I maintained much of my muscle gains, which is also great. My abs aren't quite where I want them to be. They are barely visible. So..my original goal was 175, but now I want to drop down to 165.

Anyways, my weight went up and down and even plateaued throughout these last 3 months, but I kept at it and didn't lose sight of the goal. I got frustrated... Blamed myself, gym Bros and google for bad advice. It is all starting to work out and I feel great

Stay focused guys.

Replies

• whatlunasaid
    whatlunasaid Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I bought a pair of shorts that were too tight even then (won't bother with size because women's sizes are bs anyway.) I left them in the back of my closet for a long time. I've been working on my diet and exercise slowly for more than two years now, but recently have been backsliding due to life stress and hormones. The other day I tried them on for the heck of it and they fit. They were even a little loose. And my boyfriend responded very favorably. :D So now I'm motivated to lose the few pounds I gained back, and start toning again. I'm not so hard on myself because I realized I have made a lot of progress.

Forget what bros at the gym say. Stick to what gives you the results and the lifestyle you want.
  • dudebro200
    dudebro200 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I bought a pair of shorts that were too tight even then (won't bother with size because women's sizes are bs anyway.) I left them in the back of my closet for a long time. I've been working on my diet and exercise slowly for more than two years now, but recently have been backsliding due to life stress and hormones. The other day I tried them on for the heck of it and they fit. They were even a little loose. And my boyfriend responded very favorably. :D So now I'm motivated to lose the few pounds I gained back, and start toning again. I'm not so hard on myself because I realized I have made a lot of progress.

Forget what bros at the gym say. Stick to what gives you the results and the lifestyle you want.

It's amazing! Congratulations to you!