Eating up to maintenance?

Options
Sorry if this has been brought up recently, I haven't been posting on here much.
Anyway, the past week I've been really sick and haven't been feeling up to dieting. I've been eating up to 1,700/1,800 calories (maintenance) every day this week.
My scale says I've gained, but I know that's not possible and it has to be food weight, right?
Anyhoo, I plan to get back on track this weekend (1,300, eat exercise cals, etc) and I'm wondering if this will affect my weight loss. Do you think it's okay to "take breaks" like this every once in a while? As long as you're still eating healthy food?
I'd love some advice! Thank you guys : )

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 1957 and I eat up to it most days and I've been losing!
  • ascoope
    ascoope Posts: 42
    Options
    My BMR is 1957 and I eat up to it most days and I've been losing!

Bah! lucky duck. I'm kind of on the lower part of my "set point" now so I'm having a harder time losing.
    I just checked your tracker though, you've lost a bunch already! You must have a really good metabolism.
  • christine24t
    Options
    I've lost that over 7 months though! Very tough but I started at 210 lbs with a lot of fat. I lost the first 30 in five months, and only 10 since May. And I do take breaks occasionally...mostly Chinese haha
  • ascoope
    ascoope Posts: 42
    Options
    lol I like the idea of breaks. Especially Chinese breaks.
    If I don't feel like making progress, there's no reason for me to have to back-track.. At least I can stay in the same spot.
    Congrats on the weight loss!
  • christine24t
    Options
    True about not back-tracking! It sucks having to work off weight you gained from being lazy! Good for you for eating up to maintenance. And thank you!