Anyone doing Keto diet with some good easy recipes?

Options
char316
char316 Posts: 72 Member
I am trying to do Keto diet and having a very difficult time with meal planning. I am getting home late every night this week. I have felt like eating the fridge when I do get home. Anyone with some good ideas?

Replies

• NLadera
    NLadera Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A breakfast scramble is my quick go to meal, eggs, cheese, spinach, bell pepper etc. I breath I'm hungry and caveman keto both have some pretty good recipes. :smile:
  • carriedmurphy
    carriedmurphy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Batch cook on the weekends, that's what I do and then I have stuff already are for the week
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A great late snack is yogurt made from whole milk. It is filling, and you can add stevia to sweeten it if you want.
    Also make a tray of meat roll ups for a quick snack- thinly slice meat, your favorite cheese and olives in the middle.
  • char316
    Options
    Thanks, I have been doing the weekend batches, but have been so busy it seems to take up a lot of time. I will try adding the meat rollups to the plan. Sounds good. Do you use lunch meat or do you have other options? I am trying to avoid additives also.
  • Mamacas03
    Mamacas03 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So kids... I get them involved. My 10 and 12 yr old chop. my 7 yr old measures and bags. or something. Costco has the cheese, boiled eggs and some kind of meat. Ham steak into 3oz portions. I also use the heavy whipping cream to make sugar free pudding, portion and fridge. Takes all of 5 minutes. Kids also help weigh out almonds and portion. I do batches probably every 3 or 4 days. Make a big dinner, serve everyone and measure out the left overs for my lunches. eventually I'll have a fridge full and the kids can help themselves to "left over night" everything is already portioned and measured so its grab and go. I hope this helps :smiley:

PS: maybe its weird but I don't really eat much after I get home at the end of the day, especially late. late evening snacking leads to bad things happening lol. i'll generally check to make sure my macros are on point and if needed have some coconut oil in my tea.
  • char316
    Options
    Thanks these are some great tips. I will try to be more organized with more variety on the weekend.
  • amandap884
    amandap884 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Shrimp Alfredo

Ingredients:
    6-7 oz of shrimp
    196 grams of zucchini (6grams of carbs)
    4 tablespoons of ragu light Alfredo sauce (2-3carbs)
    1 tablespoon of butter, or olive oil, or coconut oil

I cook my shrimp untill pink in the butter or oil whichever is fine, I season with garlic powder, onion powder and pepper, and also low sodium season all, once pink I add the zucchini noodles I bought a zoodle maker the greatest invention ever lol it transforms your veggie into noodles if you didn't know lol once I add the noodles to my cooking shrimp I let it cook a minute or two and than I add my 4 tablespoons of sauce it would be awesome with only 2 as well I cook another minute and add pepper and it's done and it's the next best thing to pasta the nutritional facts is.....

Calories- 393
    Carbs- 8
    Protein- 33 grams

Hope it helps and enjoy it's delicious, and can be made in less than 5 minutes!
  • amandap884
    amandap884 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keto chips

2 eggwhites
    1/3 cup of shredded cheese
    Olive oil
    Garlic powder, sea salt, pepper
    Mini muffin pan

Preheat over to 400
    Mix well 2 egg whites with the seasonings listed, coat mini muffin pan lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle a pinch of shredded cheese at the bottom just a little to coat bottom of pan, add the egg white mix not even half a teaspoon make a thin layer and top with a pinch of shredded cheese again. My mini muffin pan holds 12 bake for 15-20 minutes and it's a great snack with maybe half a carb!!