Chocolate bars

Options
Anyone have a good chocolate bar they can suggest? I live in America and they all SUCK!!

Well, not ALL of them.. I haven't eaten a chocolate bar in a while and everytime I try one, they make me gag. Had 2 bites of a 5th avenue bar today before throwing out the rest (couldn't find anyone who wanted it)

When I think I want chocolate, I prefer dark chocolate now, but most places sell milk chocolate, or milk chocolate with stuff in it like Snickers and what not.. turns out I don't like those so much anymore.

Any GOOD brands of chocolate out there? Don't care how expensive they are...

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Milka!!! The Oreo one is the best.

Ritter Sport - the coconut one. 660 calories, though.

Ritter has dark chocolate options, but I prefer milk.

My Wal-Mart carries both of them. Or World Market.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I prever Dove Dark chocolates and Ghiradelli. If I really want to splurge, I'll spring for a Godiva
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I was recently in Portland and bought some chocolate from ranger chocolate company. Super expensive, but woooow good. I believe you can buy online.
  • Phalina1983
    Phalina1983 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just had a Vega chocolate bar with maca. Delicious and good for you :)
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the Lindt chocolate bars, I actually prefer it over Godiva or Ghiradelli (although those are good too). Mm....now I want one.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My grocery store will often have the Endangered Species candy bars on sale ... I will buy several at a time to keep in the freezer. My favorites are Dark Chocolate with Peppermint Crunch and the Dark chocolate with Cacao Nibs.
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Lindt 90% & 99% , Green & Black's 80% or Ghiradelli if any of my family is going on holiday anywhere near
    Dark chocolate is awesome
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    There are lots of imports and artisan chocolates that are quite good. But you get what you pay for. If you want good chocolate for the same price as Hershey's, it's not gonna happen.

Lindt is a decent middlin' quality European chocolate you can find nearly everywhere. (Edit: Now that I read over the comments I see others have already suggested it.)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm no help, I like all the chocolate bars with the stuff in them. lol
  • zeaxm
    zeaxm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's 85% dark
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hotel Chocolat is great.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Theo Chocolate is where it's at. Mmm.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I'd be finding an actual chocolate shop and splurging on a small amount of dark chocolate if that's what you're in to....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Lindt, Godiva, Trader Joe's.
  • Krby13
    Krby13 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a good chocolate bar they can suggest? I live in America and they all SUCK!!

Well, not ALL of them.. I haven't eaten a chocolate bar in a while and everytime I try one, they make me gag. Had 2 bites of a 5th avenue bar today before throwing out the rest (couldn't find anyone who wanted it)

When I think I want chocolate, I prefer dark chocolate now, but most places sell milk chocolate, or milk chocolate with stuff in it like Snickers and what not.. turns out I don't like those so much anymore.

Any GOOD brands of chocolate out there? Don't care how expensive they are...

Have you not lived in America long? I ask because you are referring to candy here as if it's a new experience for you. I love chocolate and there are very few candy bars I don't like. Godiva is good, Fannie May...pretty much all the others mentioned previously

• MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Trader Joe's 72% or 85% cacao. Lindt 72% or 85%. Green & Black 72%
  • whatlunasaid
    whatlunasaid Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Try Chocolove with sea salt and almonds, if you can find it! Discovered it last year and it is my new favorite. Vega chocolate is decent too, but it's more of a healthy-ish nibbling chocolate, where Chocolove is actually decadent. :)