hrm advice!

Options
okay, so is there any way i can score a polar a little cheaper than retail value? any sites where i might be able to bid on one or find one that's gently used? i have limited funds lol

Replies

• ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Check amazon for something reliable...craigslist/ebay for less reliable, but possibly cheaper
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Amazon has them on sale! I scored one for $58. It comes next week. I can't wait!!!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    sweet! thanks guys, this really helped! i think i'm gonna go see what's going on with amazon right now:)
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    got my polar ft4 on amazon, best price i could find on new. love it!
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    i've looked it up and you guys are right, that price is EXCELLENT. so does it also sync with gym equipment? what about pedometer and the like? i'm at work so i couldn't get as in depth as i would have liked. also would it be accurate if i wore it on the wrist or should i also get a chest band?
  • cheekyme03
    cheekyme03 Posts: 11
    Options
    The Polar watches all come with a chest band that transmitts the HR to the watch. Both of the ones I have purchased have synced with the tredmills and elliptical machines that I have been on. I don't know much about pedometers, not something I use...
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    okay cool. i'm asking about the pedometer because when it finally starts cooling off around here i was going to start running again and wanted to track my mileage as i did so after i mapped out a new course
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you want one that tracks milage, I believe the Polar FT60 comes with a GPS.. but it's also pretty pricey... not sure what Amazon is retailing it for. Garmin also makes one's with GPS's that can track milage and what not..

I personally have the FT7 and I love it. Very easy to use/set up..the chest strap is also very comfortable.. I forget it's even on.