low cal recipes?!

Options
deasmi86
deasmi86 Posts: 21 Member
I need help creating low calorie meals under a budget. Any suggestions?

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    light yogurt which is 80 to 90 and sometimes 100 calories with a cup of cheerios which would be 100 or if you do multi grain then 110 but it should be 190, 200 or 210 but it depends on which yogurt calorie amount you get. good tasty breakfast or snack... for me its dinner lol.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Take any recipe, reduce portions, and eat up everything.
  • Salvager66
    Salvager66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Staples: Eggs, tuna, other canned fish. And lots of green veg - not yellow, white​, etc - greens help fill u up with lil calories.
  • alysha_x
    alysha_x Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I often buy a multi pack of chicken breasts and freeze them in zip bags and use as and when. Then I use general herbs to coat or Maggi herb papers in a pan. I then do any old veg that is on offer and 1 or 2 potato frozen potato waffles. This really fills me up, is cheap and fast!

Alysha x
  • Luv2Dispatch911
    Luv2Dispatch911 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Shrimp Scampi with zucchini noodles! Shrimp, zuchinni, white wine, red pepper flake, garlic, lemon, olive oil, cherry tomatoes(optional)

Simmer olive oil, pepper, flakes, and garlic for about a minute
    Increase heat to Medium Add Shrimp and cook until pink on all sides
    Pour in 1/4 cup of white wine and squeeze lemon juice
    Add halved cherry tomatoes(optional)
    Add Zuchinni Noodles and simmer about 5 minutes
    ENJOY
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    A huge second for https://www.budgetbytes.com/ I've made dozens of her recipes and literally every one is a hit. Well actually except for her pretzel dough recipe. I prefer my own. But other than that! Everything is great.

Our grocery budget for two people per week is $50, so we tend to buy a lot of fresh veg, little to no meat, and stock up on staples like rice and flour when we can.