Hellooo!

Options
Hi guys! I'm rylee and am sorta knew to this app. I've used it before just for calorie tracking, I didn't know it had all the extras to it now lol. But my goal is mainly to lose weight. This is my first year at college and I noticed I was putting on weight.(shocker, right? Lol) I am really into kickboxing right now. I go to a class three times a week for an hour each class. My garmin fracked claims I burn roughly 550 calories! I'm hoping this helps me with my weight loss, since it is something I enjoy doing and I don't dread it

Replies

• theharryramsay
    theharryramsay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Rylee, Welcome! All the best with your weight loss but I wouldn't recommend depending on exercise to help you lose weight.

To me, exercise was a dependency to maintain my calorie deficit and when I broke my leg, I just put on all the weight again.

There are some times in life when we wouldn't be able to exercise.

And that's where diet plays the key. A good diet makes all the difference in the world.

If I were you, I'd focus on finding my basal metabolic rate, planning my meals and ensuring all the food meets or is under the daily BMR.

And I'd add exercise as a surplus to burn fat faster and get the sexy definition you need. Kickboxing is pretty good for that.
  • ryleenicholeee
    ryleenicholeee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info! ☺️