so im confused.

Options
2»

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    My tsh was tested 2 weeks ago she requested a whole panel and got a note back from hospital testing my blood saying it's not a done thing. My levels came back showing 0.02 so technically hyperactive with no symptoms.
    I thought that if anything would allow me to lose weight easier?
    Anyway for those that asked I still have about 2 to 3 stone to lose. I put on alot of weight with my first child and just trying to get that off.
    It's so strange how I managed to get that 4 stone off but now no matter how hard I try it will not budge

The lab says they don't do full panels? Or they are unable to since she requested after the bloodwork had been done?
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    they just refused her point blank, she wrote t3 and t4 levels, and then posted my results back on just TSH
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    they just refused her point blank, she wrote t3 and t4 levels, and then posted my results back on just TSH

That is insane - the full panel literally comes from the same test. The technician just needs to add a sample to an assay. Sad state of affairs when doctors are no longer in charge of this process.

As for weight management thyroid disorders do not impact metabolism nearly as much as previously thought. I suspect that this impacts the satiety triggers more than metabolics, but designing such an experiment to prove this is challenging to say the least.
  • leahcollett1
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No neither could myself of my dr, she was like, i actually cant believe they have ignored my requests! anyway im hoping to see a loss this week, ive reduced my cals and reverted back to the NEAT method in hopes maybe eating TDEE minus 25%
    might of been not helping ( maybe over estimating?) so im hoping this was the real reason why i wasnt losing rather than my thyroid preventing me if that makes sense
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    That could well be it. I can't comment on the thyroid issues as I have no experience there.

I would say you need to give it longer than a week using the NEAT method, more like 4-8 (depends how much your water weight fluctuates, mine is all over the show so I need 6-8 weeks to know what's really happening).
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    ok thanks i will, trying to eat cleaner too and i feel better for it, i was just fitting what i could into my calories like biscuits etc, so this week ive changed up my food too, i really hope ive found a solution, if i know what to do to make it work then i can do it, just finding what works for me i guess. im desperate for it to be not my thyroid, because anything else its up to me, my thyroid is up to my body
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    hi guys, a little update, so this week went back to cleaner eating, snacked on melon at night rather than filling my calories with biscuits, more important switched from TDEE method to NEAT.

lost 2.8lbs im ecstatic to finally trigger it moving again, thanks for your help.