Beginner keto

Options
aaalanna
aaalanna Posts: 1 Member
New to the app. Started keto 5 days ago. Would like to increase activity and find motivation!

Replies

• Jersey_Jessi
    Jersey_Jessi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also just started Keto a week and half ago!! Good luck
  • dawnmariezinn73
    dawnmariezinn73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is keto?
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    The hardest part of keto for me is getting enough fat. Cutting the carbs is easy for me. I use a TON of MCT oil with coffee and loads of butter on everything.
  • 1canadianmom
    1canadianmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    what app are you using?
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Ditto to all of you. Good luck hope you succeed in your goals :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome OP. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • ladipoet
    Options
    What is keto?

@dawnmariezinn73 ...the following link will answer you question:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto
  • BettyDares
    BettyDares Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    @ladipoet I've tried to join that group a couple times now and have yet to be approved. Is there a problem with the group or is there certain criteria to get approved? I keep seeing posts suggesting it but can't join!
  • ladipoet
    Options
    @BetytDares...talk to @baconslave whom I've just tagged into this conversation for you.
  • BettyDares
    BettyDares Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Thank you @ladipoet and @baconslave, I am now in that group. YAY!!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    BettyDares wrote: »
    @ladipoet I've tried to join that group a couple times now and have yet to be approved. Is there a problem with the group or is there certain criteria to get approved? I keep seeing posts suggesting it but can't join!

Must have been an MFP glitch. Members request to join, and it makes available an "approve" or "deny" list at the top of the Group Mods Group screen. We have to go to the group to check to see if we have new requests. Unfortunately the site doesn't notify us otherwise. And then we manually approve each. So if it's 3 a.m. where I'm at, and someone requests, I'm not going to be able to see it to approve until I come check things out in the morning. I haven't been popping by as often as my family has been super-high-maintenance the past few days and now I'm sick. But I still pop-in 3 times a day at least.

Sorry you had trouble.
  • MechyMama
    MechyMama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started this week! Struggling to plan meals for myself and for my family. I know it shouldn't be hard, but for whatever reason, I have some sort of stumbling block. I could use all the help I can get! Hopefully I'll get approved in the other group as well.
  • Zengrizzly
    Zengrizzly Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey all, LCHF here. Very KETOesque. Friend if you'd like. I've got great recipes for low carb.
  • cicimartini
    cicimartini Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm starting keto this Monday. Got 2 books and grocery shopped. Would love keto peeeps added to my friends list. I would love to get keto friends food tips as the fat part will be hard for me to adjust to
  • misaksen
    misaksen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing Keto for a month or so. Looking for friends.