any daycare providers out there

Options
Hi I am a daycare provider in Boston. I cannt wait to start using this site.

Replies

• olgawill
    Options
    Hi I am a daycare provider in Boston. I cannt wait to start using this site.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Laura and I live in the Yukon. I have had my family dayhome for almost 12 years! How long have you been doing it?
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Hi I have been doing mine for 6 years now. Seems like forever but it has kept me home with my kiddos, which is a blessing. :flowerforyou:
  • olgawill
    Options
    I have been doing by for 14 yrs... and I love it.. its nice to have a job and be home for your children.
    but snacking a another problem. I find tha t I like to snack with the kids.
    I made a new rule .....NO SNACK ... I am only going to eat my meals and one snack a day.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    You guys deserve a gold medal. Pay should be WAY higher for all the dedication, love and care you give othere peoples' children. I couldn't do it, especailly now with my 4 kids independent and teens. Way to go!:flowerforyou:
  • Kirsten1225
    Options
    I am from Ontario, Canada and I have been doing homecare for 5 yrs now!
  • olgawill
    Options
    thanks its nice to feel the love....lol
    I always say you can only be a daycare provider if you truly love your job. I dont know if I could do anything else. but when it comes to dealing with weight, its hard. its nice to get up in the morning and wear sweatpants and t-shirts. I sometimes wish I would have to dress up for a outside job.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site, if you don't already. I love it here and find it very supportive, motivational, and very helpful. Everyone here is so nice. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. I don't have a daycare but I am a stay at home mom.
  • olgawill
    Options
    stay at home moms and daycare providers we are all the same...
    thanks.... how long have you been using this site for?
  • ElusiveButterfly
    Options
    Hi, *~waving~
    My husband and i are new to this site.. our son and daughter n law told us about it.
    sooo, here we are.. trying to loose weight together,
    I've been reading all the words on support.
    and its been wonderful. My heart warms to it. *S*:heart:
    i started at 220lbs.. and now i'm at 208lbs... feels good to start going back down again.
    I sooo want to keep up with my grandson and granddaughter, they mean so much to me.
    I do have my ups and downs.. but i'm trying really hard to get a handle on my eating habits.
    Thanks to you all, its gotten alot easier, :smile:
  • ElusiveButterfly
    Options
    sorry, i think i messed up on the Introducing myself .

hello daycare provider,, nice meeting you... *S*
    wishing you the best in your weightloss, *S*
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    I used to just wear sweatpants and no makeup etc. But then a friend of mine said you will feel so much better about yourself if you take a little time for yourself. Since then I get up a bit earlier and do my hair, makeup and dress nice. It is true. I do feel better! Mind you working out gives you the best feeling!

Laura
  • olgawill
    Options
    laura,, I think you are right.. I am going to start doing that.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Good for you! So how many kids do you care for olgawill? I have 7. One is afterschool and 2 are only three days a week. I have all teacher's kids so I get the same holidays as they do, which is awesome! I also have my own two boys who are 14 and 11. How many kids do you have? I started the dayhome when my youngest was one month old (I know, CRAZY).

Laura
  • olgawill
    Options
    well I have 10 kids listed... I only have 6 at a time. there ages are between 4month - 4yrs.
    I only started when my son was very little. it was the best thing i did.