jstory721
jstory721 Posts: 1
edited September 30 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Jessi. I ran across this website looking for a BMI calculator on google. I just turned 24 on the 21st and want to start working on myself. All throught life I've put others needs ahead of my own. I am currently 210 lbs. and decided enough is enough. I have always struggled with my weight but this is the first time I have been over 200. In my teens I bounced from 160-175 lbs. but never touched 200. I weighed myself for the first time in 4 years the other day and all but hit the floor. Of course my b/f said it's all in my chest, which is a running joke with some friends of mine, in an attempt to make me feel better. They aren't huge but they are big. But we have been discussing marriage and children and all that and I want to be healthy before I decide to have a baby. My health and lowering the risk with pregnancy by being a healthier weight are my motives, but the looking good in a bathing suit, or being able to find cute clothes is a plus too...lol...Look forward to meeting some new friends on here.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome Jessi! Good luck with your fitness and weight loss goals.
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 643 Member
    Welcome. There's tons of really fabulous people on her.
    Good luck!
  • SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    First off, welcome. :) And secondly, good luck on your journey. It's great that you want to help improve yourself, especially for your (hopefully) soon to be family! You'll find a lot of motivation here, so feel free to post any time, and just read some of the success stories. If all these people can do it, so can you! :) See you around.
  • ngilliam1
    ngilliam1 Posts: 14
    Welcome!! Good luck, you can SO do this!!
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Good luck:)
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Nice to meet you, Jessi! Feel free to friend me. I love giving support to great people!
This discussion has been closed.