I'm in Weight Watchers Recovery!

Options
suzieheyhey
suzieheyhey Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all! My name is Suzie and I'm a WW addict. I'm hoping to hear anyone else's stories of transitioning from WW to MFP. I left WW a week ago after an 8 month journey with them and about a 10 pound loss. I left their program because after doing some more research about calories and proper deficit (and because the stress of trying to adhere to their daily points was basically creating an eating disorder) I realized I was basically starving myself. I eat mostly plant-based, non-processed foods and having an avocado or a few nuts (staples in my diet) would completely derail my day and take up all my Smart Points. Cue massive anxiety that I was doing it wrong. And chronic stress and weight loss don't mix. They have a great community on their Connect channel, but I didn't feel inspired by it. It only stressed me out more. How are all these people eating so little? How can all these people live off so much processed food and think this loss is healthier then eating nutrient dense food? The WW message of whole health and 'you can eat anything you want' was starting to feel like BS for me and my lifestyle. So here I am at MFP with what I am seeing as a mind boggling amount of calories -really from my research it seems quite normal, but I've gotten so used to under-eating that my brain, now trained by Smart Points, thinks this seems like way too much....anyway, hello! ❤

Replies

• Keapix
    Keapix Posts: 92 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats on your escape :p I had a brief trial on the new WW system, and, like you, found it incredibly restrictive. It seemed to me that the majority of people in the community were filling their day with low-cal fake foods. Good luck with your MFP journey!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    Use the search option to find Weight Watcher, there are many threads on the subject and I think there is a group of ex-WW folk who have transitioned somewhere.