Chocolate bars

Options
2»

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I recall once upon a time, one of the more widely distributed brands made an amazing 90%+ that had blueberries, strawberries, almonds and another nut in it. It was amazing, but I haven't been able to find anything even remotely similar in a long time. I don't like chocolate enough to justify the cost of anything that I found online, especially with shipping involved, as I wouldn't be buying the absurd quantities required for most free shipping.
  • whatlunasaid
    whatlunasaid Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I recall once upon a time, one of the more widely distributed brands made an amazing 90%+ that had blueberries, strawberries, almonds and another nut in it. It was amazing, but I haven't been able to find anything even remotely similar in a long time. I don't like chocolate enough to justify the cost of anything that I found online, especially with shipping involved, as I wouldn't be buying the absurd quantities required for most free shipping.

My mother swears by TJ's pistachio and pomegranate dark chocolate. I'm not sure about how the quality matches up, but it sounds like a similar flavor to the one you're describing. :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

My mother swears by TJ's pistachio and pomegranate dark chocolate. I'm not sure about how the quality matches up, but it sounds like a similar flavor to the one you're describing. :)

Unfortunately, the closest TJ to where I live is about 50 miles away, and knowing my luck, I'd drive there and they'd either not stock it, or be out. It does sound interesting though. Good dark chocolate with dried fruit and nuts is the only way I can really enjoy it.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Chuao is a favorite of mine. I've found these at Target, Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Amazon, etc..
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Crunchies are my faves and only 220 cals
    Next fave are Wunderbars
  • limabeanzz
    limabeanzz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The Lindt dark chocolate bars are delicious:)
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Sympathy!! Hershey's and the like are GROSS.

Cadbury is where it's at (but even then since Cadbury was bought by Kraft the palm oil levels have shot up and the chocolate is kind of oily).
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    European chocolate is pretty awesome, like Lindt, Milka, Ritter. Even better in my opinion is English or Irish Cadbury's...damn amazing stuff. The chocolate is the nicest ever....
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    European chocolate is pretty awesome, like Lindt, Milka, Ritter. Even better in my opinion is English or Irish Cadbury's...damn amazing stuff. The chocolate is the nicest ever....

Yep, we do some stuff right. Although, Kraft recently bought out Cadbury's and recently reformulated the chocolate :(
  • dietkatie5309
    dietkatie5309 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love the Special K chocolate diet bars. They're delicious and satisfying and have a lot of protein.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you live, it's not too hard for most people to find good dark chocolate bars. Even the pharmacies and convenient stores in my area are selling gormet bars. Yeah, if you're only going to buy herseys and snickers bars you won't be happy. Green & Black is good and Trader Joe's or World Market has some great stuff. But for sure look beyond the checkout line and into the candy aisle.

The exception to this is the rare time that I can find a Kit Kat DARK bar. So good.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Theo!
  • abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love Vanini chocolate bars. I think that their dark chocolate Rosemary is the best chocolate bar that I've ever ate. Then again, I love everything Rosemary, but their other flavors are great too.
  • TrulyJulie0022
    TrulyJulie0022 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Do you live somewhere where they have e See's candy?? It's by far the best I've had. I think Dove dark chocolate is also really good!