Need some motivation!!

Options
So its almost time to say goodbye to July, and I've done miserably all month, haven't gained and haven't lost, but also haven't put in any serious effort or attempts to lose!

Whats keeping everybody motivated right now? Springtime means summer bathing suit motivation, but whats motivating everyone for the upcoming fall season change ?

Zumba tonight to try to get back to the gym and on the right track....

:)

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I realized what inspires me changes...last time what motivated me was seeing thin anime characters (i know, i know xD). What inspires me this week is that I am studying abroad in 2 months and you never know when Taeyang (the guy in my sig) will show up xD xD xD The .0001 percent chance I have with Taeyang is completely worth it for me!!!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    What motivates me for the fall? Not being the fattest one at Thanksgiving! Lol
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    look at it this way...you haven't gained or lost, without trying to lose....

I'd call that maintenance!!

There's a silver cloud in everything. Good for you, for not falling back into bad habits and gaining! I recently went thru a humdrum where the scale wasn't moving and I wasn't working out right. And I was all around down about it. I just decided one day that working out was like going to work. I just needed to get it done. That night I got on the elliptical and have seen great progress ever since. That was only 5 weeks ago. We all go thru spurts like this!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I want to TTC in October!! That keeps me going!!!

I have a flip notebook listing all the reasons that I want to lose weight and when I feel like I'm down and out, I look through it.

I've never been able to wear sexy boots in the fall/winter because my calves were always too fat. I'd like to wear a pair this fall!

Make a list of all your goals...big and small. Look through it daily or as many times a day as you need to.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    The constant reminder that in 9 months time I'll be getting married and those pictures will sit on the fireplace for many many years to come.

The small ab muscles I'm just starting to see form at the top of my tum near my ribs :)

The brand new set of 1400 calories that each day brings. Hey, so I went over by 2 or 3 hundred today. Never mind. Tomorrow I can start again fresh and I'll be under tomorrow for sure!
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Lately I really have wanted to give up. Then I realize what am I going to give up to? Gaining more weight. No way. I'm sticking to it
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Last BP was 199/103. I don't want to have a stroke and leave my husband alone to be a widower, and I don't want my son to lose his mom because I can't stop eating or am being lazy.
  • nursenicole
    nursenicole Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, We all need motivation sometimes. What I have found is having someone to talk with that is also doing some kind of workout. You can hold each other accountable for the days exercise, and you can also push each other to do better. It has worked wonders for me.
  • smahaney1
    smahaney1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I want to TTC in October!! That keeps me going!!!

I have a flip notebook listing all the reasons that I want to lose weight and when I feel like I'm down and out, I look through it.

I've never been able to wear sexy boots in the fall/winter because my calves were always too fat. I'd like to wear a pair this fall!

Make a list of all your goals...big and small. Look through it daily or as many times a day as you need to.

I love the notebook idea. Perfect for flipping through when you're down and need motivation/inspiration. I'm going to steal your idea and start a notebook myself! Thanks :)
  • lbgano
    lbgano Posts: 234
    Options
    Lately I really have wanted to give up. Then I realize what am I going to give up to? Gaining more weight. No way. I'm sticking to it

What she said!!