why am i gaining weight while trying to lose?

Options
im eating great throughout the day. im eating enough and im eating so healthy. i exercise and run. but at night i completely lose it? i eat so many different things and i go to bed feeling so guilty. is this the reason the scale wont go down?how do i stop late night eating?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I found putting off breakfast until I actually got hungry helped. I don't eat breakfast until about 9:30 now. When I would eat breakfast when I got up (5:00) I would actually get hungry again earlier and eat more calories throughout of the day.

Also, I go to bed earlier so I can't eat.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    You are not losing weight because you are not in a calorie deficit. Its as simple as that. CICO.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I think you know why. You're eating too much at night and throwing yourself out of a calorie deficit. What remains is to change the behavior.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    mfchelsea wrote: »
    im eating great throughout the day. im eating enough and im eating so healthy. i exercise and run. but at night i completely lose it? i eat so many different things and i go to bed feeling so guilty. is this the reason the scale wont go down?how do i stop late night eating?

How many calories are you eating in a day? If you're gaining weight over time, then the answer is in that question.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    The body follows the laws of physics and this is simple - energy cannot be created, only transferred.

You are transferring energy into you, which is stored as fat as you are eating in excess.

Only explanation outside this would be if you've started birth control or that you are on meds with oedema as a side effect such as anti depressants.

Thats the only way it happens.