Hi!

Options
My name is Leigh and I joined my fitness pal at the request of some of my friends. It seems to be working for them, so I thought I would give it a shot as well. Hey, it's free... why not!
I'm a wife and mom. I quit my job to stay home with my kids and pursue my own interests, and my husband is kind enough not to throw me out for it :wink:
My weight loss goal is a journey of vanity. We all have our reasons, and that is mine. Until I reached my early twenties, I was thin. I was so thin, people used to joke about it. I'm a small person, only five feet tall, and I come from a long line of tiny, frail-looking Irish people. As I have aged and had kids, I have "chunked up". As a kid (and especially a teenager) I was embarrassed by my mom's weight. She, like me, carries all her weight in the middle. Small arms, small legs, BIG round belly. I think my wake up call was when she asked me my weight and told me that I was only a few pounds away from hers.
I have become my mother...:sad:
I'm not dying, I'm not in any immediate danger of becoming diabetic, this isn't a life or death situation, really. I am overweight, but I just can't stand looking at myself. I can feel myself slowing down too. I can't run like I want to, I can't keep up with my kids, I can't fit in the clothes I want to wear.
So that's me. I'm blunt and I'm vain and I'm weird, but I like it. I just don't like being fat

Replies

• shawnalaufer
    Options
    So that's me. I'm blunt and I'm vain and I'm weird, but I like it. I just don't like being fat

LMAO! How true, me too!
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    Hey, everyone loves honesty!! Welcome to MFP. YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will do great!
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    do i know you?....BWAH HAHAHAHA . glad you finally made it here...loves you and your vain self....we can be vain together
  • mandadawn22
    mandadawn22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI! I just started joined a few days ago and I love it!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Well if you want a friend to tell you the truth and not beat around the bush, feel free to add me. I too am vein and blunt.