Need some girls to join my journey!

Options
Hey ladies,

I am a serial starter at losing weight. Lately I made the switch to a healthier lifestyle, I ditched all junk food in the pantry and switched it with healthier organic foods. I did really well last week on eating at home, but this week I have failed miserably by including taco bell and mini muffins into my diet:(. I haven't began working out yet. I wanted to fix my diet before I started working out, but now I have decided that I start on Monday. I'm needing some lady friends to join me and motivate me! I'm not sexist, but I prefer women because I am able to relate to them more! I'm 20 yrs old and a college student so if you are too I know how busy life can be! Feel free to add me and chat here about your problems you are having, I'd love to hear that I'm not alone!

Replies

• aamerine08
    aamerine08 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm in the same boat as you: #SerialStarter. I'm 24 and I am looking for some support as well. I've made several half attempts and even major attempts to lose weight, but in the end I'm refusing to give up. Edison literally failed 1,000 times before he invented a successful lightbulb!

For me, I've come to two realizations:

1. SIMPLIFY. I tried the lemonade diet, I tried being vegan, I even tried slim fast... but I realized I just have to simplify what I'm doing and stop trying to crash course into things. This has helped my mindset immensely.
    2. Find the root cause, and get help if you need it. For me, I could not understand why I seemed to be the unhealthy outlier out of my friends. However, I realized that I had never been taught healthy ways. My best friends ran track or played sports, my other friends were in the army, and another friend had a mom who was a nurse and taught healthy living. For me however, both of my parents are over 300 pounds. My dad is over 400 pounds. I'd describe our meals as carnivorous with a side of bread lol. Vegetables in our house were candied yams and greens. A true assortment of veggies were never really introduced to me until college. And physical activity for me consisted of playing the clarinet! In essence, I'm saying that healthy living wasn't something that I was familiar with AT ALL. I just decided this month to get a personal trainer who is also certified in nutrition to help me learn proper diet and exercise. I've already learned so much. Don't be afraid to get help if you need it!

Sorry for the long schpill, but if you're looking for a buddy.. feel free to add me!
  • kedemc18
    kedemc18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry that I am just seeing this! And i agree! A big problem for me was crash course diets. My mom was never home and I was often required to microwave meals myself when I was young. Of course when I was young I had the metabolism of a squirrel and never gained weight. I've just decided I am NOT doing this to lose lbs, but to be healthy overall. Diet changed and I have a Fitbit now to prove to me how lazy I can be! lol. I'm ready to lose the weight that has been haunting me for years, but I am ready to lose it, keep it off, and be fit and active for the rest of my life.
  • racheldix92
    racheldix92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! Count me in! I'm 24 now. But, I remember how crazy college life was--that's when I gained most of my excess weight. If you can catch it now--go for it! I waited...I kept telling myself that life would slow down after college, after working two jobs, after the night classes, after the crazy all-nighters---life doesn't slow down, it just changes direction! I made drive-throughs and Starbucks a daily routine. I would love to have a few other young ladies along for this crazy and sometimes emotional life change.

(Truth: I cried because I chose not to bake cakes this weekend--another one of my MAJOR downfalls!)

I'll be adding both of you today--hope we can connect and encourage each other through this journey!