Healthy lasagna?

I am trying to find some recipes for a healthy lasagna.... I need something easy, without pasta and relatively cheap...

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    slice large zucchini vertically and use in place of pasta. You can layer (or make a sauce with) tomatoes, onion, garlic, mushrooms, sausage (optional). Between the layers place a little ricotta and some mozzarella cheese. Bake. Yummy!
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    i believe i saw a vegetarian lasagna recipe once that used eggplant slices instead of pasta. but sorry, i have no idea where i saw it. maybe try googling it? or try to wing it in the kitchen? ( i can't wing. if i dont have a recipe, i dont cook it. lol)
  • orpingman
    orpingman Posts: 37 Member
    My wife makes a lasagna type dish using rice in the layer the pasta would normally be. She also uses low fat or fat free cottage chesse and low fat mozzarella. Use lean hamburger and it comes out pretty good with not too many calories. One serving is a little over 300 cals.
  • abrn93
    abrn93 Posts: 77 Member
    I use low fat cheese mixture and layer with sliced squash and eggplant.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    I don't have recipe handy, but my hubby got one from a friend where they use cabbage leaves instead of noodles. He's had it, I haven't made it yet, and he says it's great.
  • forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Couple of suggestions:
    Use low fat ricotta, cut it with non-fat cottage cheese, use garlic and basil
    You can use zucchini cut into thin, wide strips instead of noodles, or eggplant, portabella mushrooms, or a combination of all three.
    Get a decent pasta sauce or just use stewed tomatoes and your own seasoning

Just some ideas
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    bump..I was thinking about this too but have no clue where to start..
  • poopoomonkey1978
    poopoomonkey1978 Posts: 108 Member
    I have made one with rice instead of noodles and ground turkey and sausage (without the casting) cooked together. Topped it with low fat cheese.
  • mommyfirst77
    mommyfirst77 Posts: 119
    skinnytaste.com ....... If there is a low fat recipe for it her site will have it! I am simply amazed! It has all the nutrition content, it is also free, and they have a place you can store your favorite recipe, it will make a grocery list for you, and it syncs with my droid phone :))))))) Sorry I know that was a massive run on~ LOL
  • mommyfirst77
    mommyfirst77 Posts: 119
    skinnytaste.com ....... If there is a low fat recipe for it her site will have it! I am simply amazed! It has all the nutrition content, it is also free, and they have a place you can store your favorite recipe, it will make a grocery list for you, and it syncs with my droid phone :))))))) Sorry I know that was a massive run on~ LOL
    [/quote

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/spinach-lasagna-rolls.html
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    cool, thx guys
  • Thanks for requesting this. It's giving me so many ideas!
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    I love lasagna and I love the vegetable-cheese lasagna...it was in a Weight Watchers cook book I had some years ago.

It's with noodles but you use spinach, ricotta & monterey jack cheese everything else the same...it to die for!!:smile:
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    [/quote

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/spinach-lasagna-rolls.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/zucchini-lasagna.html :)
  • vicki915
    vicki915 Posts: 38 Member
    They all sound yummy, cant wait to try some.