Hello Message Boards!

Options
I have been using My Fitness Pal for the last 40 days but decided to come check out the message boards today. I'm Lisa. I am 61, 5'5" and started my weight loss journey at 289 pounds. Sigh. I had given up and ate whatever I wanted. Then reality set in. Diabetes, high blood pressure, felt like crap 9/10s of the day. Fibro was kicking my rump. So I decided to get bariatric surgery. Imagine my surprize when I found out, I had to start out dieting anyways! LOL So far, I have lost 15 pounds and am re-thinking the surgery. I'm on a 1500 calorie diet and found that I can lose weight but controlling what I eat. Who knew?? :)

Replies

• IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and well done on the loss thus far. You are doing great and keep it up! :) Seems like you are making great progress and yes - I suppose if you keep it up you never know you may not have to go under surgery after all. Welcome to the forums yes check them out there's plenty of people here who know more about specific diets and training you can do :)
  • maddiemadkins
    maddiemadkins Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    lewysgal wrote: »
    I have been using My Fitness Pal for the last 40 days but decided to come check out the message boards today. I'm Lisa. I am 61, 5'5" and started my weight loss journey at 289 pounds. Sigh. I had given up and ate whatever I wanted. Then reality set in. Diabetes, high blood pressure, felt like crap 9/10s of the day. Fibro was kicking my rump. So I decided to get bariatric surgery. Imagine my surprize when I found out, I had to start out dieting anyways! LOL So far, I have lost 15 pounds and am re-thinking the surgery. I'm on a 1500 calorie diet and found that I can lose weight but controlling what I eat. Who knew?? :)

So simple yet so complicated! Hi Lisa!

I'm Denise and while I don't have a ton of weight to lose, I wasn't feeling very good. This site is a lot of fun and there is so much on here that I find myself getting a little lost. Not sure how to add people, so if you want to add me and know how, lol, you sure can!

Good Luck with everything! Congrats on the 15lbs down! That's awesome!