Red sclera (white of eyes)?

Options
jerb00
jerb00 Posts: 155 Member
Has anyone noticed after lifting or exercising g that the whites of your eyes are red? I thought it was from lack of sleep, but that isn't the case. Seems even with lots of rest my eyes are still red. It goes away around mid day but then they are red again in the morning (after I lift). Has this happened to anyone else? I am otherwise completely healthy.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    some people burst tiny capillary blood vessels- but it's usually pretty damn noticeable.

edit- this is also a question for your doctor.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My eyes look a bit red when I'm suffering from allergies.

Maybe your gym is dusty?

Oh also ... allergy-specific eye drops clear it right up for me.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    Are you seeing just a generalized redness, like a subconjunctival hemorrhage, or just a bunch of pissed-off blood vessels? (I'd suspect the latter if your eyes are clearing same-day).

Could be related to increased blood pressure from lifting or other deeper issues (if you wear contacts, try not wearing them as you lift).

A lot of causes, but I'd take my eyes to a doctor (ophthalmologist, not just a store with an eye-chart) to rule out some of the serious issues and get a well trained expert's insight on em.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I've burst blood vessels from heavy exertion. I looked like a zombie for 3 weeks.

• jerb00
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    some people burst tiny capillary blood vessels- but it's usually pretty damn noticeable.

edit- this is also a question for your doctor.

I know. I'll get in touch with a doc but since I can't today or this weekend I figured I'd check to see if this is unusual or something others have encountered.
  • jerb00
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My eyes look a bit red when I'm suffering from allergies.

Maybe your gym is dusty?

Oh also ... allergy-specific eye drops clear it right up for me.

Thanks for the suggestion. My gym is my home and while I am not the best homemaker, it really isn't too too dusty ;)

Unfortunately, allergies can't be the culprit because I don't (thankfully) suffer from allergies.
  • jerb00
    Options
    Are you seeing just a generalized redness, like a subconjunctival hemorrhage, or just a bunch of pissed-off blood vessels? (I'd suspect the latter if your eyes are clearing same-day).

Could be related to increased blood pressure from lifting or other deeper issues (if you wear contacts, try not wearing them as you lift).

A lot of causes, but I'd take my eyes to a doctor (ophthalmologist, not just a store with an eye-chart) to rule out some of the serious issues and get a well trained expert's insight on em.

Think I'm gonna try to get to an ophthalmologist. Maybe blood pressure? Maybe I'm not breathing correctly, though I think I am...

I wish I could say a bunch of pissed of blood vessels but it is less like individual vessels and more like and all over pink hue. Hmmm...
  • jerb00
    Options
    I've burst blood vessels from heavy exertion. I looked like a zombie for 3 weeks.

Not really red pool but rather pink hue.