Intermittent fasting 16-8

Options
Hi
Doing intermittent fasting 16-8, eating 11am til 7pm, so first meal at 11am and last will be 7pm with food in between aswel.
Problem I'm having is getting to 5-6pm and still needing a further 1000 calories or so, so having to eat lots at end.
This OK?
Aim is always hit minimum of my bmr, never below.. Just I am never that hungry so literally force feeding myself towards the end to hit the cals. Best thing and obvious answer is eat bigger throughout the rest of the 8 hours which I will, I'm just wondering on eating so much in last hour
Guess I just wana talk about it really with like minded people

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Nice problem to have! I do 16:8 as well. Actually more of a tighter window, I usually have lunch around 12:30 and dinner at 6pm. I have noooo problem reaching my calorie goal! As a woman, my TDEE is only around 1700. So my meals are usually 700cals for lunch and 700cals for dinner.

If you're feeling weak and crappy because you're eating too little, you could try adding some more fat-rich foods to bump up the calories. Nut butters, almonds, cheese, creamy sauces, protein shakes with cream, fatty cuts of meat, etc.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I never force myself to eat. Yes, at times it feels like there's a lot of food you need to eat. But unless I'm on a bulk cycle, I don't force myself. If I am, I still eat what I can and get the extra calories with whey shakes etc.

I think a 1000 calorie meal is doable.
    I eat 80% of my calories in one seating. Have been for years. I love the idea that I only have one meal to plan, and a little snack.
  • leew88
    leew88 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's doable, I did it, used peanut butter yesterday was abit easier but today thought I'll go for a meal. It was a huge salad.. Tuna, mayo, 2 boiled eggs all mashed with red onion, sweetcorn on top of a typical salad with cheese plus a casein protein to top it off. Roughly 1000 cals. 185cals short of deficit tdee goal but a good chunk over my bmr.
    Aslong as I hit over my bmr but not over my goal, I've done alright, that's my realistic daily aim.

I like intermittent fasting, works well for me, just need to plan my meals abit better in the 8 hours.

Did it last year but not watching what I ate, didn't eat enough. Yeah lost loads of weight bit muscle too, that's what I'm hoping to try to prevent this time by always hitting my bmr at a minimum
  • leew88
    leew88 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Nice problem to have! I do 16:8 as well. Actually more of a tighter window, I usually have lunch around 12:30 and dinner at 6pm. I have noooo problem reaching my calorie goal! As a woman, my TDEE is only around 1700. So my meals are usually 700cals for lunch and 700cals for dinner.

If you're feeling weak and crappy because you're eating too little, you could try adding some more fat-rich foods to bump up the calories. Nut butters, almonds, cheese, creamy sauces, protein shakes with cream, fatty cuts of meat, etc.

Heh yeah. My bmr is over that, tdee is 3000 calories. My aims are 2000+ minimum but not over 2500 :)