My biggest obstacle...

Options
is ME!

When I joined MFP back in January, I was motivated and committed. I logged absolutely everything that touched my lips, I worked out 3-5 days per week and was losing at least a pound per week.
Well, then I went on a 2 week trip to Cuba with my husband and I haven't been able to get back on track, no matter all of my good intentions. I gained back all the weight I've lost since January and feel absolutely disgusted with myself.

New motivation:
My favourite cousin is getting married on October 15th so that gives me about 3 months to reach a happier and more comfortable weight.

I've already planned out my meals for the next 4 days (my work rotation) and plan on hitting the gym during my hour meal break. (plus add in some cycling on my days off. So again, working out 4-6 days per week, mostly cardio) My question to all of you wonderful MFP Peeps is, is it possible to lose 15-20 pounds by mid October?

Any suggestions or new kick butt motivational friends are welcome! And thanks :)

Replies

• kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    Anything is possible if we want it bad enough.. I would recommend some weight training before you do the cardio..Best of luck. add me if you would like.
  • Victoriaaah
    Options
    If you lose about 2-3 pounds a week, yes. :) Good Luck!
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    It's about 14 weeks away, or so. (I suck at counting... lol). I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it, but it might be hard work!!! And remember, even if you don't see the scale move, you may have lost inches, so don't focus to much on that scale!
  • perceptualobfuscator
    perceptualobfuscator Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It's definitely possible, but it depends on what weight you're starting at, your height, and whether you care about healthy, sustainable weight loss or want a quick fix. It would be helpful if we had a bit more information to go on - wanting to lose 20 lbs when you're already at a healthy weight, or very close to one is quite different than wanting to lose 20 lbs when you've a way to go.

Either way, congrats on having all your planning done in advance!! You seem really dedicated and organized.
  • adub762011
    adub762011 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good question. I always find it hard to stay on track when my routine changes. And getting back is so hard. I just started back on track myself. I guess if you are motivated enough, have a goal in mind, keep to a healthy diet and burn calories based on what's recommended for you on MFP, you can lose close to that. That number might be a little high, but as long as you stay on track I'm sure you will lose enough and feel great about yourself! Good luck!
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    perceptualobfuscat:

I'm 37 years old, in good health, 5 feet 4 inches tall and currently weigh in at 156 pounds.
    My ultimate goal weight is 125-130 pounds. I would be very happy with 135-140 pounds for my cousin's wedding.
    I'm definitely looking for healthy. I don't eat much refined sugars, pastas or breads. I eat a lot of fresh vegetables, fruits and lean proteins. I do have a weakness for coffee, which I will cut back on as I find it does limit the amount of water I can drink in a day.

Thanks again!
  • frenchprairiegirl
    Options
    Hum, my message posted twice. I think I'm having issues with my wi-fi again! :laugh:
  • perceptualobfuscator
    perceptualobfuscator Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    perceptualobfuscat:

I'm 37 years old, in good health, 5 feet 4 inches tall and currently weigh in at 156 pounds.
    My ultimate goal weight is 125-130 pounds. I would be very happy with 135-140 pounds for my cousin's wedding.
    I'm definitely looking for healthy. I don't eat much refined sugars, pastas or breads. I eat a lot of fresh vegetables, fruits and lean proteins. I do have a weakness for coffee, which I will cut back on as I find it does limit the amount of water I can drink in a day.

Thanks again!

Well, you're a relatively small amount overweight according to the bmi, so I'm be careful not to lose too much too quick - 2 lbs/week at your size might be too much. But I don't see why you can't lose at least ten pounds. Why don't you start out at 1.5 lbs/week and see how you feel? Even if your long term goal is healthy weight loss, maybe your short term goal can revolve more around exercise-based solutions, such as firming up and going down a size. Because lets face it, we all want to look good at weddings, and exercise might be the way to do it if that speed of weight loss isn't healthy/possible.

Good luck!!
  • frenchprairiegirl
    Options
    Thank you :flowerforyou: