5'1-5'3 and goal weight of 105-120lbs?

Options

Replies

• BananaBite
    BananaBite Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and a half. Current weight is 118 lbs. I am aiming for 115 lbs at the moment. Follow me if you'd like, my food diary is open to friends only. :)
  • cldb77
    cldb77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I'm 5'2 I'm 142 pounds and would ideally like to get to 120 and need inspiration and motivation
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    34f here 5'0
    SW 152 (late feb this year)
    CW 141.4
    GW 105-115?
    I've been overweight my whole adult life:( I got down to 125 once on a crash shakes diet (4yrs ago after ballooning up to 204 with my 2nd pregnancy and weighing 183 after 6weeks postpartum) I was having like 800 cals/day but didn't stay at that weight long for obvious reasons and because I learned absolutely nothing except that at 125 I still have at least 10-15lbs that I wanted to lose;) First big goal is 120s by my bday in July:) and I will feel super accomplished getting there with diet and exercise:^D
  • BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    @1117429 amazing how it looks like your torso got longer in your after picture! I feel like I have the shortest torso lol, hope once I drop some pounds I'll look elongated like you. Good job!

Thank you, yes when i was bigger, I looked more plumpy,
  • xcaranicolex
    xcaranicolex Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 2 months post partum and 149. Add meeeee :)
  • becca6879
    becca6879 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 years old, 5'3 and weigh 149 lbs. I used to weigh 120 and would like to get to 125-130 to start! Would love some friends to encourage and motivate each other! Add me! :):):)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    5'0" and going for 110, then re-assessing.
  • mpsandhu604
    mpsandhu604 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is a great way to find commonalities. I'm 5'2 and keep fluctuating between 142-149 lb. Can't seem to push below 142. I guess I have to change my strategy!! Open to any of your suggestions or feel free to add me.
    Cheers,
    Poonam
  • valeriaevia
    valeriaevia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I am 5'2 1/2 and currently weigh 120 lbs. I have been struggling to loose 5 pounds in the last year. Last April I was weighing 110 lbs and was really happy with how I looked like- however it was very hard to maintain. Therefore my weight goal is 115 lbs, but nothing I do is helping me loose weight! Does any body have any recommendations for me? I really need some help. I do cardio 3 times a week and strength training 2-3 times per week. I try to eat very healthy for the most part, but kind of fall off the wagon during the weekends..
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I am 5'2 1/2 and currently weigh 120 lbs. I have been struggling to loose 5 pounds in the last year. Last April I was weighing 110 lbs and was really happy with how I looked like- however it was very hard to maintain. Therefore my weight goal is 115 lbs, but nothing I do is helping me loose weight! Does any body have any recommendations for me? I really need some help. I do cardio 3 times a week and strength training 2-3 times per week. I try to eat very healthy for the most part, but kind of fall off the wagon during the weekends..

There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • francissn01105
    francissn01105 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi can i join too? I'm 5"1 with about 30 pounds to go. Want to be between 105-110. Feel free to add me!
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    This thread was started in 2011 and was last updated in April 2017, so there possibly isn't an ongoing group to join.

The important thing is to remember that it'll take a while. Being short, your maintenance calories aren't very high. As you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories a day, the available deficit means that you'll only lose weight very slowly, regardless of what rate you'd like to be losing at.

I'm 5'1 1/2" and have about 10 pounds left to go. No matter what rate I tell MFP I'd like to lose at, it'll still give me 1200 calories as it won't go lower than that. It's slow going, but the weight is coming off.

Make sure you really are weighing everything that isn't liquid, measuring everything that is liquid and tracking it all.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I had just 50 lbs. more to lose but keep on gaining 20+ lbs. and losing them over and over again. My immediate goal is to be 150 and to see what I look like but have always wanted to be 123 (from the insurance charts 40 years ago).
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Hi shawties. I’m 5’2 managed to get down to 124lbs and i am loving it!!!! Work work work.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'm down to 125lbs and also loving it. However, I want to drop a bit more to get to the middle of normal BMI rather than being just above the middle.

When I started on here I was 150lbs and definitely in the Overweight BMI. It's taken a while and it's definitely not easy, but this forum has been so informative and I've read a lot of helpful posts.

For my goal weight, my maintenance calories will be 1308. Even now, maintenance is around 1350 so it doesn't take too many extra calories for me to not be in a deficit at all.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I'm down to 125lbs and also loving it. However, I want to drop a bit more to get to the middle of normal BMI rather than being just above the middle.

When I started on here I was 150lbs and definitely in the Overweight BMI. It's taken a while and it's definitely not easy, but this forum has been so informative and I've read a lot of helpful posts.

For my goal weight, my maintenance calories will be 1308. Even now, maintenance is around 1350 so it doesn't take too many extra calories for me to not be in a deficit at all.

Yay it’s a nice weight to be at, I do still have a lil pooch but I don’t mind it! Everything else will be too small on me for my liking.

Good luck with your goals!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal is 116-120. Any less and I start looking gaunt. I eat a lot of calories, but I also work out a lot. When losing(went from150-110) I started at 1350 and eventually raised it to 1800(around 130lb at that time), but was still losing. Working out and strength training really changed my body!
  • VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" going for 125 and then we'll see!

I'd love more friends, especially us petites. Tall people just don't get how different (perhaps not more difficult but just different!) it is for us to lose weight and fit into clothes.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options

I do cardio every day. I really think it helps me keep my weight on track. I also try to strength train 2-3x/week, but was having trouble this summer because of gym closures.
    Look back at your diary from April and see what was going on that is different from now. If it worked then, it should work now. Be careful on weekends because you can wipe out a small deficit pretty easily.
  • Andia15
    Andia15 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    5ft with a goal of 112 lbs