Personal Trainers...

Options
So I've been tossing around the idea of getting a personal trainer... Have you guys had success with one, didn't matter that you had one? Any feedback would be grateful in my research.

Replies

• rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I had one when I first started out, and I think it really helped me. I joined the gym not knowing "how" to work out, besides running on the elliptical, lol. So she taught me a lot of good exercises I could do on my own, and modify to make them harder/easier if I had to. Definitely a good experience for me. Wish I could afford more sessions, I miss her!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I had a personal trainer for about 10 weeks. I loved having her and getting advice and instruction. Definitely a great weekly motivator, too!
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with my trainer... He's the devil, but it's been 5 weeks and I'm already noticing some great results!!!
  • SageLikeTheSpice
    SageLikeTheSpice Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love having a personal trainer. I work very well in a teacher and homework environment, so going one-on-one with her instructing me, plus doing each week's routine 2 more times keeps me motivated. (Classes keep me motivated on other days)
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'd like one now because I feel like I've come so far and learned a lot on my own. I might want the training to help me tweak things now and really bust through the last 14ish pounds and tone differently then I have been.

So far I've done everything on my own, no gym and no trainer.
  • christyjoyjr
    Options
    I just hired a personal trainer and my first session in Monday. I'm paying $40/hr and I'm a little apprehensive. He's a former bodybuilder with a few titles including Mr. Arizona. I'm pretty sure he's going to kill me but that's what I want, a challenge.