Isagenix

Options
Has anyone ever tried isagenix? What are your thoughts on it?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Meal replacement shakes and "cleanses" don't go over real well here. Makes sense if you think about it. This is a site where users measure portions and log them. Meal replacements help you skip all that drudgery.

I have done meal replacements (in the past).....yet here I am losing weight AGAIN. That's the problem with meal replacements......measuring & logging real food helps me learn about why I am fat. Losing weight is just the first step. Keeping the weight off requires some sort of permanent changes. Would you be using Isagenix for weight management also.

"Cleanses" are just the latest diet fad nonsense. A working liver and kidneys flush toxins out. I
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Didn't we just have an Isagenix thread?

@KayNikkiRich - you can use the search function at the top of the page to find previous threads and read through them.

My .02 - It doesn't do anything except lighten your wallet. Eat fewer calories than your body uses in a day = weight loss.
  • KayNikkiRich
    KayNikkiRich Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 honestly I just downloaded this app and didn't know how to search so my bad for mentioning the isagenix again. @TeaBea I get that they are super controversial and you assume there is no point in having calorie counter app if you do the such. But I don't know if you've noticed, isagenix products are in the food search engine on this app. And you are capable of doing a shake for breakfast only and logging calories for the rest of the meals. So it was more of a question about the product itself and not about its part in this app specifically but thank you for the input. Do you not use protein at all? @cyndit1 thank you for your inspirational story. I believe that certain methods help for certain people. I've been doing just the breakfast protein shake. I don't like dealing with all of the extra cleanses and accelerators and what not.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    OP, it's just an overpriced meal replacement shake. If you like the taste and it fills you up (and you have the extra cash), go for it. I don't find shakes fill me up, so they are counter-productive for me. Sometimes when the weather is hot and I'm not that hungry, I'll blend up some protein powder, oats, greens, and a frozen banana. There are much less expensive powders out there, and there is nothing special about Isagenix, they just have to charge more for all the marketing.

Feel free to skip all their weight loss supplements, they are all useless, whether made by Isagenix or someone else :drinker:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 honestly I just downloaded this app and didn't know how to search so my bad for mentioning the isagenix again. @TeaBea I get that they are super controversial and you assume there is no point in having calorie counter app if you do the such. But I don't know if you've noticed, isagenix products are in the food search engine on this app. And you are capable of doing a shake for breakfast only and logging calories for the rest of the meals. So it was more of a question about the product itself and not about its part in this app specifically but thank you for the input. Do you not use protein at all? @cyndit1 thank you for your inspirational story. I believe that certain methods help for certain people. I've been doing just the breakfast protein shake. I don't like dealing with all of the extra cleanses and accelerators and what not.

I eat foods with protein in them. Protein supplements are not requirements for weight loss. Supplements are for those having trouble meeting goals. Don't get me wrong protein is an important macro. I find that if I include protein in all 3 meals, I meet my protein goals.

Finding isagenix products in the database is not surprising. People are free to put any number of products in the database. That doesn't mean logging shakes is helpful for learning portion control.

I'm fat because my portions are too big. Replacements are temporary changes in eating habits that result in a calorie deficit. All weight loss is calorie deficit. The vast majority of people who lose weight will gain it back. That's a sad statistic. What will tools will isagenix give you to keep the weight off? Replacements didn't help me, but maybe you will be the exception.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I some how got talked into trying it. I did it for 2 weeks, gained 4 lbs, was constantly starving, and missed eating food. Yeah, I had some veggies and fruit for snacks (although they encourage you to eat their snacks instead of fruits and veggies, etc), and I had a proper meal a day, but I just prefer to EAT my food rather than drink it.

And it is EXTREMELY expensive. If I want a protein shake, I'll just use my Vega protein powder.
  • tealtortoise
    tealtortoise Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    To each their own, although, for me the shakes work. As a mother who works full time, it really helps me stay on track. Not only do they help me drop weight when I am doing it right, the shakes make me feel perfect. I have good energy, feel well nourished, and have minimal cravings. For me to make a 240 calorie meal that makes me feel 'perfect' would take a lot of extra effort that I, frankly, don't have time for during the week. It is not cheap, but my lunch is certainly cheaper than it used to be when I ate out all of the time.
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    OP, since you're really new to this I want to point out that the database is user generated. You'll find entries like "guilt, 100 grams", "Blood of the innocent" which are obviously bs lol. I won't give an opinion on Isagenix, as I'm not familiar, just don't place too much importance on an item being in the database. It doesn't mean it's a good choice or in some cases, even legitimate.

Whatever route you choose, I wish you the best :)
  • JessicaBullardRN
    JessicaBullardRN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been using Isagenix protein shakes (not the meal replacement shakes) for over 2 years. Every single day and I don't plan on stopping. You get what you pay for as far as protein powders. Research how they are processed and their bioavailability. Super important.