Gimme motivation plzzz

So I've gained over 2 stone since September and I am determined to get this or more off by July

Replies

• cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Two stone? You mean 2lbs? Whats your goal?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member

The stone or stone weight (abbreviation: st.) is an English and imperial unit of mass now equal to 14 pounds (6.35029318 kg).

OP - no one can give you motivation. You have to want to do it for yourself. That said, make small changes. Permanent changes you can live with forever. I've done the the yo-yo thing too. Be patient, over time the weight will come off.

Time limits aren't generally a good idea. 1 pound a week is realistic right now; 1/2 pound a week will be realistic when you get closer to goal.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    So 28lbs. Is that possible to loose that much weight by July?
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    TeaBea wrote: »

OP - no one can give you motivation. You have to want to do it for yourself. That said, make small changes. Permanent changes you can live with forever. I've done the the yo-yo thing too. Be patient, over time the weight will come off.

Time limits aren't generally a good idea. 1 pound a week is realistic right now; 1/2 pound a week will be realistic when you get closer to goal.

^ This.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    So 28lbs. Is that possible to loose that much weight by July?

A really aggressive plan would be 2 pounds a week, but I doubt OP is a large enough person to have a 1,000 calorie deficit while still getting adequate nutrition.

OP - set your weekly goal to 2 pounds a week and MFP will give you your daily goal. If it's 1200, that's a default minimum. That may or may not be a 1,000 calorie deficit, but it's as low as MFP will go.

Adding exercise in MFP earns you more calories.....that's because it's not included in 1200.

Keep in mind as you get closer to goal your weight loss will slow down. This is because the smaller you requires smaller calories to maintain. So the 1,000 calorie deficit shrinks.

Aggressive weight loss is less desirable that moderate weight loss because large deficits make it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. You don't lower your body fat % by as much as you could have.
  • lambeze12
    lambeze12 Posts: 44 Member
    I know that you can do it.