Bachelorette Weekend... What to do?!

Options
No, I'm not getting married... Anytime soon, anyway. In 2 weeks, my sisters, my older sister's friends & I are leaving for Santa Barbara for 4 days. That weekend will be Fiesta Weekend & will be filled with drinking.

Being known to drink at every celebration, & being a HUGE foodie, this is going to be a hard one. Esp since we're going on a beer tour, wine tour, & to a few restaurants.

Any suggestions as to how to control myself for that weekend?

Replies

• Victoriaaah
    Options
    If I were you, I would LOG EVERY BLT (Bite, Lick, and Taste). This helped me last weekend when I had a bach party. It made me think about every decision that I made. You might consider trying to do lower calorie when you can like breakfasts and snacks. Instead of drinking 4 glasses of wine, drink two. If you moderate instead of gorging on food, you'll still get to participate and feel like you're not depriving yourself of the things you love. Good Luck! Friend me if you need motivation! :)
  • patman1976
    Options
    Don't try to lose weight, just maintain. That's how I plan around Christmas too. Squeeze in a 30 minute walk per day. Or, if there's a gym hit it up for 30-40 minutes before getting ready for the dinners and beverages. May I also suggest flavoured Vodka and water, minimal calories and dodge the after bar hot dog.
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I live in Santa Barbara! Ha.

Have fun!
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    MrsYBB - Thank you! Friend request sent!

patman1976 - Well, there is a pool at the house we rented. I wasn't the one who booked the house, so I wonder if they have a indoor gym? If anything, I'll just bring my weights & jump rope for my daily cardio & toning. Thank you for the advice!!
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    echeindl - o0o nice!! I've never been there, but I hear it's really nice!?
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Oh, and even though Fiesta has a lot of food, there is usually pretty good healthy options. You can get soft tacos that are pretty low in calories!
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    echeindl - Thank you for the suggestion! :D Any suggestions on what to get off the menus of Blue Agave & Sharkeez? That's what we have in stored for us that weekend. If you see a group of 17 girls [YEAH, I KNOW!!!], come say hi LOL
  • patman1976
    Options
    No worries, and hey don't forget I bet some of those other ladies are worried about the 'binging calories' so go for a big walk together.
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    Well, we do tend to take a walk through the vineyards, if we can. But I'm gonna talk to the other girls to see if they're interested in going for morning jogs or something.