Tell us your story

Options
avocadochampagne
avocadochampagne Posts: 18 Member
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I thought this could be a safe place for people to share their stories, their frustrations, and vent a little, so we don't forget that we're not alone.

I have slowly, but steadily, gained over 66 pounds in the past 5 years. I stopped going to the gym because I finally reached my goal weight (dumbest thing I ever did), and just started piling on the pounds. I knew I was gaining weight - my clothes wouldn't fit right, my face got puffy, it was obvious. But I was in denial, I refused to weigh myself, telling myself "it's only a couple of pounds". It wasn't. I had a terrible, long, torturing breakup last december and in the following months I just ate my feelings of course. On the 1st of April this year I decided to finally step on a scale and I was shocked. I was at my heaviest at over 207 pounds at 5'10" (my 'goal weight' was 143 back in the day). I couldn't believe I let this happen. I immediatly decided ot has to stop now. My lifestyle needs to change. I want to live a long, healthy, happy life, and I and to look good in clothes and feel good about myself. So I started meal tracking with mfp, walking regularly and training for a 5k. Next week I'm joining the gym. 5 pounds lost, 61 to go! :)

Replies

• ShareeEmma
    ShareeEmma Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have lost 11lbs since january taking me to 126lbs. I have been stuck at 126lbs since Janaury, i dont want to cut calories as i have an intake of around 1200 a day i lift weights and attend regular cardio classes but just cant seem to shake the the extra 10lbs i want to loose....it is so frustrating.... i go on holiday in three weeks time im running out of time lol
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @kruppanoa and @ShareeEmma Yes it seems that many people notice things like clothes etc and this panic leads them to comfort eat more or possibly even think that it could be shrinkage due to washing for the first week.

Glad you're making positive changes towards achieving your goal. Walking + training. Anything to care for your body, heart and soul is surely a positive thing.
  • Amrik10
    Amrik10 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @kruppanoa
    Sometimes in life we all eat to get away from the pain we feel. We have all done it. But there comes a point we look in the mirror and address ourselves and think okay time to shape up and move forward. You are taking the right steps and you can do this. Just pace yourself and you shall reach your goals and week by week you will notice the changes. Good luck