bad knees

Options
Does anyone have a suggestion for toning exercises for thighs? I have a hard time with stairs, bicycling, and lunges because of my knee. I try, but have very little stamina. My knees just burn too badly. I really need to thin my thighs.

Replies

• em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have issues with one knee.Im very careful to do a heap of warm ups and stretches and i have found yoga/pilates do wonders.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Try the elliptical. I've had 3 surgeries on my left knee (meniscus repair and ACL reconstruction) so you're definitely not out of the game if you have bad knees. Your thighs will 'thin up' as you continue to lose weight. Best of luck!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    DO you take anyhting for them? Have you tried glucosamine tablets?
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have one bad knee...brought on by my obesity...and I am very careful with it. I don't want to have to go the knee replacement route, which is one of the reasons why I started this site. Anyway, I found a site in my looking for exercises that provides exercises for people with weak/bad knees. I hope this helps! Good luck!!

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/leg-exercises-for-bad-knees.html
  • dragonfly1120
    dragonfly1120 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll. I'll def check out the website. I've got a pilates/yoga video I can workout with. I love doing yoga. I've got glucosamine/chondroitin....but keep forgetting to take it. I'll try to get started on that. No room for an eliptical right now, but am hoping to start walking when the temps start to go down. Just too darn hot here in Texas. Thanks for the input. Guess I'm on the right track. I'm hoping losing some pounds will help too.