Cycle tone??

Options
I am considering buying the cycle tone machine and wondered if there was anyone out there who has used it and what kind of toning/weight loss results did u see? I would really like to get some honest feedback before I go ahead and purchase. Not really too fit so looking for something to ease me back into exersising. Thanks!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    You could do much better buying an actual bike and a suspension trainer for the same cost. Many times home machines end up being clothes racks. At least with an actual bike, if you go somewhere, you HAVE to get back. So you just really can't quit after riding out. And a suspension trainer offers so much more in exercise variety. And you don't have to spend more than $50 on them either.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • weeman123
    weeman123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    U are right in saying getting a bike would mean i couldnt just give up half way through but I have 3 kids so looking for something to do regularly when they are in bed. We walk alot and go for short bike rides but apart from that I don't work. Will look into the suspension trainer. Thanks again!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    My impression of the CycleTone is that it is a joke that went too far. You would be better off buying a real unicycle. Or as Ninerbuff suggested a bicycle. As he mentioned, you have to ride back if you ride a real bicycle. I do some training at home on a turbo trainer. Even with video based software connected to it, it is about all I can do to ride twenty miles. Granted, it is a good workout because I don't have to stop for lights and such, but today I rode fifty miles outside without even thinking about the distance. The only reason I didn't ride farther is because I arrived at home.
  • cj_shapeup
    cj_shapeup Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a Peloton and LOVE it. I stream classes live and if there is not one available-there are hundreds on demand. The coaches are awesome. I used to spin at the Y years ago, but feel these coaches are much better. Their app has yoga, stretches and strength training. You do need to subscribe to the app- $40 a month and buy and expensive bike $2000, but ya the best investment in my fitness I have bought. I admit it did collect clothing for 5 months, in February I made a decision to start on it once a week, and. Now I ride 5x week and do 3-4 beyond the ride things like yoga or strength training. Oh another good thing - choose rides from 20 min to 60 min and same stretches 5 min to 30 min HIT