Can't Stay Focused. Gaining Weight

Options
Hi Everyone.

I'm having serious problems sticking to my diet. This has being going on 6+ months. I'm currently up 21 pounds. (1 stone and half). I give in to easy to temptation now. It's runing me. I went from wearing nice slim fitted clothing, now I wear all baggy clothes. I understand its a matter of tough will power and a strong enough why. But hearing your advice on the matter and anything else would really help me. Thank you.

Replies

• croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain

Don't have treats in the house!

Perhaps you need to change your diet ( hate that word) your meals. Most days I feel full and I'm not tempted as a result.

I use heavy kettlebells so I make sure my protein is between 100-130g and find when it's not I'm snacking.

I roast chickpeas in various spices, salt and vinegar and even cinnamon so at least I'm getting protein plus not heading to crappy crisps, I eat a square of 75% chocolate (Lidl) almonds 25g which is about 20 nuts, cottage cheese, protein shake with high protein yogurt I could go on........
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Can't believe I didn't list boiled eggs I always have 2

Do you think your logging is spot on?
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Surround yourself with people passionate about health and fitness. If you can't find such people in real life, stay connected with online people here on MFP or elsewhere.
    Also, it may help changing your mindset. A diet is supposed to mean eating at a reasonable deficit to lose weight, but many people think they need to eat as little untasty food as possible while doing crazy amounts of cardio. Sure, they'll lose weight at a (dangerous) rate and will claim that they feel just fine. Some people catch themselves in time and switch to good habits to keep off the weight they lost but often, the results of that kind of abuse catches up to them and they tire out, crave old favorites, overeat, and regain.
    Depending on your personality/preferences, I also can recommend doing one of two things:
    1) Slowly wean yourself off of foods that you tend to overeat. This allows some people to successfully make the transition needed to stop overeating.
    2) Go cold turkey and have a reset. When you feel comfortably back on track, slowly reintroduce your favorite indulgences in moderate portions.

Keep trying; you only truly fail when you give up.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Have you tried controlling the situations that tempt you? When and how do you tend to overeat? Are you hungry/stressed/tired...etc when you overeat? What kinds of food do you overeat? Do you just reach for whatever is in sight? Are you binge eating (The actual disorder, not simply overeating)? Do you keep attempting to go all in and strict then have rebound overeating? Understanding the main overeating influencers for you may help you troubleshoot this.
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in with good luck. When you refind your "why" it will all click back in to place. Take some time to find out what was easy and what wasn't and use that knowledge going forward.
  • DarkSkinVixen
    DarkSkinVixen Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    4zgdl06iaupi.jpg
    It's ok to snack just make it a healthy one.