Hello everyone :)

Options
Dear friends,

My name is Harry and I'm a 24 year old entrepreneur.

My fitness journey started a long while ago but for the most part, there wasn't consistency or injury (due to a bad diet or overtraining).

Eventually, I got on a pretty clean passionate fitness enthusiast schedule where I practiced yoga in in the mornings for 1 hr followed by weight training 3 - 4 times a week.

The diet consisted of primarily home based food which was slightly nutritious but high on carbs.

But I was burning a lot with exercise and was on my way to a leaner, muscular physique (from skinny fat).

That's when things took a turn and I had an accident that would prevent me from walking.

I was depressed and began eating junk to compensate.

I gained a lot of weight and before I knew, I looked like a potato (but reduced because of my height).

Then, I really wanted to get back and be fit, so I started physiotherapy to heal my leg, hired a personal trainer and got a body fat analysis done.

This was in December 2016. The journey began with 3 times a week of training.

From a body fat of 27 percent, I dropped to about 26 in a month.

But it wasn't enough and the next month, it has dropped only one percent.

That's about the time I started messing around with macros and trying to increase my protein Intake so I get a better definition.

But I gained weight and I realised then that I can't outtrain a bad diet.

So about mid February, I got my analysis and it was at 25 percent. I decided to hire a nutritionist and got a diet chart prepared.

I have been following that for a month and have lost 2.9 kgs and body fat is at 22 percent.

The key was calorie counting and portion control.

Wanted to post here about my success and make some friends!

Thanks

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow - sounds like you've really had a rough go of it. Welcome!
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and well done. Positive focus and determination has got you far hope it continues and you reach your plan :)