Newbie lookin for some friends

lorigorbey
lorigorbey Posts: 7 Member
edited April 2017 in Getting Started
I'm Lori and I'm new to MFP. I'm looking to meet some new friends to motivate me. I have 40+ to lose and suffer from depression. I'm not very social and keep to myself but that isn't helping me. I'm hoping to find some friends that maybe know how I feel and what I'm going through. I really like being active and exercise but I'm not consistent enough to see changes. I'm trying to control my portion sizes and my

Replies

• twinmombb
    twinmombb Posts: 60 Member
    Hi, I know exactly how you feel. I have 40+ to lose and have dealt with and still sometimes deal with depression.
    I am social but keep to myself as well. Feel free to add me :)
    Good luck!
  • blkhawk921
    blkhawk921 Posts: 408 Member
    If you are serious about trying to "get out there" then please add me.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Welcome and wishing you all the best on here. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully this will give you more self confidence and motivation being on here among other people and you can prosper with this :)
  • lorigorbey
    lorigorbey Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to a positive change. It's time to take care of me!
  • tenmilestere0
    tenmilestere0 Posts: 1 Member
    I absolutely can relate. I've suffered from depression and anxiety all my life. Four months ago they talked me into joining the biggest loser at work. Best thing I've ever done! I've never been athletic or paid much attention to what I was putting in my body. One day I got on the scale and couldn't believe the number I saw. I'm now almost half way to my goal weight. I only have one friend on here and we live together, so. I'm looking for friends as well.
  • Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    We have a small group if any of you ladies are interested. You can see our group rules and what we do in our group in our post on the Getting Started discussion under the "We have openings for 10 ladies in our group." thread.