Right Ankle pain

Options
hedgiie
hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
I sprain my ankle about 6 to 8 months ago. Though I've been playing with them for awhile but I've been putting braces or taking rest.

This morning during the basketball game, It seems that I'm having a pain in my ankle around the beginning of the basketball game but somewhere in the middle up to the end of the game my ankle pains disappears. Do you have any explanation to this? Does anyone have the same experience?

Replies

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's muscle pain that goes away when the muscle loosens up. Or maybe when exercise endorphins kick in you don't feel it anymore. If the latter you could worsen your injury.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor.
  • hedgiie
    Options
    hedgiie wrote: »
    I sprain my ankle about 6 to 8 months ago. Though I've been playing with them for awhile but I've been putting braces or taking rest.

This morning during the basketball game, It seems that I'm having a pain in my ankle around the beginning of the basketball game but somewhere in the middle up to the end of the game my ankle pains disappears. Do you have any explanation to this? Does anyone have the same experience?

by the way, i'm not wearing braces when i play today's basketball
  • hedgiie
    Options
    Maybe it's muscle pain that goes away when the muscle loosens up. Or maybe when exercise endorphins kick in you don't feel it anymore. If the latter you could worsen your injury.

the part that this could worsen my injury is an intriguing part. i still don't have any pain or whatsoever now.
  • hedgiie
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Go to the doctor.

thanks, buddy, but it kind of awkward to go to the doctor since I don't have any pain now. typically I go to the doctor for any pain and/or sickness. for now, I'm curious if someone else has this experience or if someone knows anything
  • johnmurrayus1
    johnmurrayus1 Posts: 8 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I know that ankle pain hurts a lot. I have gone through similar problem which you have. I have a suggestion for you. You can try ankle compression sleeves. These sleeves will not only provide support but will also help in recovery from the injury.