how to get my stomach to stop eating

Options
I've been working out rather vigorously for about 5 months now only losing 5 lbs however I've gained about 40lbs in lean mass and I see the results literally turning a pound of fat into a pound of muscle this is great kind of but its very hard for me to resist the hunger urges especially after an hour of heavy power lifting. I've tried the drink water b4 u eat method but when the water went through me I was vanished again. I really enjoy lifting weights and having bigger muscles but id like to slim down a little bit and lose some belly fat should i switch up my routine for a few months??? anyone have some comment or suggestions???

Height 6'1"
Weight 324.4
Bench 250
Eating way to much

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    What kind of cardio do you do?
  • lauradupree
    Options
    I read that one should not do the same routine for more than 3 weeks in a row. The routine ceases to be effective because your body has become efficient in that routine. We need to switch things around, use different methods or routines. Belly fat does not go away easily. The best thing to do is concentrate on losing weight all over, then when you are lean, crunches are more effective. I have no experience with this. I researched this problem about five days ago, and so, I am trying it. Hope this helps. :-)
  • ironcladjuggalo
    Options
    Mostly elliptical trainer or jogging sometime take long walks on a hot day with lots of water

I've heard that about the routines I think I should give it a try but I reallly love my power lifting :(
  • lauradupree
    Options
    When your body is efficient at a routine, it burns fewer calories.
    Try eating slowly after drinking the water. I have found protein to be more effective at keeping real hunger at bay; more fiber helps too.
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat some protein soon after you're done working out. This helps your muscles recover and helps with the hunger. If I'm just lifting or doing short cardio (anything under an hour), I usually try to eat about 100 calories. For me, this is usually some cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or even a chicken breast. I think of it as one of my snacks. I'm not always hungry right as I finish working out but I've learned that if I wait, I will be famished later.
  • jenniferweddermann
    Options
    definitely - you sound like you need to do cardio. I tried that video set the Firm a few years ago, and its premise is to combine cardio, weights and stretching, and the results were amazing. It was a really tough combination and I sweat the whole time. But the results were undeniable.