what to eat for junk food withdrawl... any tips and foods you eat to avoid cravings

Options
soldodunja1
soldodunja1 Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2017 in Food and Nutrition
craving the highly processed high fat junk

please lists foods or tips you have!

Replies

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, pickles, pork rinds, string cheese and whole grain crackers. Healthier alternatives to the junk. Or, just indulge occasionally. As long as it fits in your calories for the day, you're alright.
  • msdemeanor70
    msdemeanor70 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, dry cereal, licorice, yogurt for sweets and popcorn, rice snacks, pickles and pretzel sticks dipped in hummus for savory. But, I agree with the indulge now and then suggestion as well.
  • Isa_Bbott
    Isa_Bbott Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my go-to as well. I buy single serve microwave bags of Natural pop. 70 calories per bag.
    rhaiin wrote: »
    Popcorn, pickles, pork rinds, string cheese and whole grain crackers. Healthier alternatives to the junk. Or, just indulge occasionally. As long as it fits in your calories for the day, you're alright.

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Sugar free mint gum.
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    sugar free gum ( i eat ice breakers) fat free yogurt, rice cakes
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Some things I snack on are almonds, hummus with baby carrots, dark chocolate (72% or 85% cacao) with a little natural peanut butter, cheese, cottage cheese, and yogurt.

The easiest way for me to deal with craving is to not have the stuff I don't want to eat in the house. If I really want something I don't normally eat, I will go out and have a single serving. (For example, once every few months, I will go out for ice cream...if I try to keep it in the house, it just doesn't work for me. You may be different. For me, things like that are much better as a rare treat than a regular part of my diet.)