Small frame and feeling tired

Options
Hello everyone. I just started my journey to a healthier me, and I have a few questions. If anyone has any tips or pointers, I would be incredibly grateful :).
First off, a bit about what I'm working with. I'm a small 25 year guy, barely 5 feet and with a really, really small frame. I currently weight 126lbs, and would like to go down to 110lbs. I have a sedentary job and even outside of it I have never exercised before. I can't do some workouts, because I have really bad knees and can barely walk, but others I simply have only excuses for.
Now, I calculated my TDEE to be around 1680, so I have set my daily limit to 1300 calories, of which 30% are proteins, 20% fats and 50% carbs. I just started two days ago, but I find that ever since then I've been really tired. I can still accomplish normal daily tasks, but I just can't talk to people, my brain feels kind of dead and fuzzy, and I'm sluggish and slow all the time. Is this normal at the begging and will it go away, or am I doing something wrong?
Also, does anyone have experience with losing weight with a very small frame? Any general tips would be incredible, I find it hard to dig up information that's not related to average sized people.
Thank you very much and hope you have a great day!
Chris

Replies

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    No experience losing weight with a small frame, but the things you're feeling do *not* sound normal at the start--or at any time-- during losing weight. It could be you're coming down with something, because I'm not sure two days of eating, no matter how good or bad, would affect you that quickly. Hoping others will chime in. You posted this a couple of days ago. Are you feeling any better now?
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hey buddy. Look. I feel quite bad for you. You've made a positive leap forward by coming on here. Appreciate the honesty. . . You need to write up your actual data on here and post up your current diet etc.

In terms of your frame how small are we talking? For 25 and 5 foot that's quite short - I had a GHD when I was a child and was prescribed to treat that am over 6 foot now due to that particular treatment.

Hit me up on contact - I know your situation and to be fair I see a little of you in me in terms of origin of insecurity and pschological unknowns. I'm a registered UK doctor: Speciality Registrar in ST4+ about to complete my CCT consultancy along with dual specialty in intensive care next year so I am quite clued up about certain aspects. Also I would have been in your situation if I hadn't been treated as a child. Hit me up. There are many ways to improve your 'frame' and confidence.

Sorry you haven't had much response this place is actually great for diet and training advice with some great experienced people so hang in there. Contact me for specifics and if you're in the UK I'll provide you with some personal contacts to come in for an assessment and help thereafter. Thanks for stepping up and posting btw. Looking forward to your response. Be positive :)

Edit: of course it's completely up to you but I think you'll benefit from the diet and training advice in here. Great and thanks for sharing :) Just bear in mind that at your age - in terms of the NHS there's no height help you can be provided due to the fusing of bones but you can def. get advice on diet/health and training to give the illusion of a larger frame. You've come to a good place.